1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @YamiRaziel said: What do you think of Lilly and Carley? :)

    I have no real opinion of Carley. As for Lilly, I liked her, I agreed with the way she ran things and I won't condemn her for that mistake after what Kenny did to her. Had she not driven off I would have taken Clem and gone with her.

  • @Ninnuendo said: Seeing people defend Kenny because he was good to them in their playthrough says more about them than it does him. As I've said before, Good Kenny is not separate from Bad Kenny, this isn't the multiverse, this is one guy whose behaviour is dependent on whether you back him 100%.

    A good guy is always a good guy, mistakes might be made but ultimately they attempt to do the right thing, regardless of the situation.

    That is not Kenny

    Kenny doesn't give a fuck about doing the right thing or being a good guy. Kenny is a trader, he's out for what he can get and if he doesn't feel you've given him enough, doing the "right thing" is completely irrelevant.
    The guy has stuck with your group like a parasite because it was good for him. I actually tested that theory at the start of Ep 3 and suggested that if he wanted to take off in the RV then he should take his family and go. He didn't want to, admitting that he was screwed without everyone else.

    Trust me that whether you think he's good or bad, when push comes to shove, Kenny will take care of himself and leave you to die.

    I completely agree.
    As I said before he is always hungry for more and more...

    Whatever he did; even if I didn't choose him when it came to decisions, I always tried to be polite to him. I don't know, I really don't like that guy but something held me back to treat him as he deserves. He is the last character who came all this way with me (ironically) except Clem, maybe that was the reason.
    And I felt pretty surprised when he decided to come with me? But then, I thought his decision was something with my good attitude on him during whole game.
    In the other hand, does any of you guys know why did this selfish jerk went with Lee at the end of the last episode? :)

  • @Ninnuendo said: I have no real opinion of Carley. As for Lilly, I liked her, I agreed with the way she ran things and I won't condemn her for that mistake after what Kenny did to her. Had she not driven off I would have taken Clem and gone with her.

    I know, right! You're one of the very few people who share my opinion of Lilly and Kenny :D

  • @Ninnuendo said: Seeing people defend Kenny because he was good to them in their playthrough says more about them than it does him. As I've said before, Good Kenny is not separate from Bad Kenny, this isn't the multiverse, this is one guy whose behaviour is dependent on whether you back him 100%.

    A good guy is always a good guy, mistakes might be made but ultimately they attempt to do the right thing, regardless of the situation.

    That is not Kenny

    Kenny doesn't give a fuck about doing the right thing or being a good guy. Kenny is a trader, he's out for what he can get and if he doesn't feel you've given him enough, doing the "right thing" is completely irrelevant.
    The guy has stuck with your group like a parasite because it was good for him. I actually tested that theory at the start of Ep 3 and suggested that if he wanted to take off in the RV then he should take his family and go. He didn't want to, admitting that he was screwed without everyone else.

    Trust me that whether you think he's good or bad, when push comes to shove, Kenny will take care of himself and leave you to die.

    This is exactly right. That's why I told Kenny to go fuck himself and he will not be with me in e5.

  • @dukeleto said: I completely agree.
    As I said before he is always hungry for more and more...

    Whatever he did; even if I didn't choose him when it came to decisions, I always tried to be polite to him. I don't know, I really don't like that guy
    but something held me back to treat him as he deserves. He is the last character who came all this way with me (ironically) except Clem, maybe that was the reason.
    And I felt pretty suprised when he decided to come with me? But then, I thought his decision was something with my good attitude on him during whole game.
    In the other hand, does any of you guys know why did this selfish jerk went with Lee at the end of the last episode? :)

    I don't know, he didn't come with me in my playthrough. I didn't really give him the chance, either.
    Since the end of ep.2 I had already made up my mind to ditch Kenny the second I'm presented with an opportunity.

  • @dukeleto said: I completely agree.
    As I said before he is always hungry for more and more...

    Whatever he did; even if I didn't choose him when it came to decisions, I always tried to be polite to him. I don't know, I really don't like that guy
    but something held me back to treat him as he deserves. He is the last character who came all this way with me (ironically) except Clem, maybe that was the reason.
    And I felt pretty suprised when he decided to come with me? But then, I thought his decision was something with my good attitude on him during whole game.
    In the other hand, does any of you guys know why did this selfish jerk went with Lee at the end of the last episode? :)

    Kenny has many flaws. Too many to be tolerated in my group. But if I was forced to say something good about Kenny it would be that he cares deeply for his family. I didn't ask him to join me in Clem's rescue mission. But I think if you tell him that Clem is family that he goes with you regardless of your standing with Kenny. This is Kenny's only good weakness and it says volumes about your character if you use this against him. I did not do this because I hate Kenny and don't need his services on this important mission.

  • @Kiel555 said: Kenny has many flaws. Too many to be tolerated in my group. But if I was forced to say something good about Kenny it would be that he cares deeply for his family. I didn't ask him to join me in Clem's rescue mission. But I think if you tell him that Clem is family that he goes with you regardless of your standing with Kenny. This is Kenny's only good weakness and it says volumes about your character if you use this against him. I did not do this because I hate Kenny and don't need his services on this important mission.

    I wish you could tell me these before I choose "Clem is family" dialog.
    I didn't want him eighter, but he insisted and managed to come with me :)
    I tried to make everyone give up that idea of coming with me, but whatever I did, they managed to join me one by one. And in the end, I was like... "Oo. oo- wha?..."
    I was really very fond of going alone. This must have end like that. But they didn't let me do it, hahahaha :)))
    (I don't want to get back to an early save point to change things as I never did it... well.... maybe I could have tried with that Lilly-Carley scene :))

  • It's interesting that the one good thing you can say about Kenny is that he cares about his family, yet when did he actually take care of them?

    Ep 1 - On the tractor (Lee saves Duck)
    Ep 1 - Outside the pharmacy (Carley saves Duck)
    Ep 2 - By the truck (Lee saves Katjaa)
    Ep 2 - In the house (Lee saves Katjaa from Brenda)
    Ep 2 - Outside the house (Lee saves Duck after Kenny fucks it up)
    Ep 3 - During the ambush (Lee saves Katjaa and Duck). Carley, Lilly and Lee are dealing with the walkers. Where's Kenny? He's left his family behind to get the RV started :|

    He couldn't even finish off Duck, even when Katjaa and Lee both said he should, instead leaving him alone in the forest.

  • @dukeleto said: I wish you could tell me these before I choose "Clem is family" dialog.
    I don't want him eighter, but he insisted and managed to come with me :)
    I tried to make everyone give up that idea of coming with me, but whatever I did, they managed to join me one by one. And in the end, I was like... "Oo. oo- wha?..."
    I was really very fond of going alone. This must have end like that. But they didn't let me do it, hahahaha :)))
    (I don't want to get back to an early save point to change things as I never did it... well.... maybe I could have tried with that Lilly-Carley scene :))

    There is a certain appeal to going alone. It's like that's the way John Wayne would have done it! Everyone that is going on this mission is going to die in my opinion. I too would prefer to go alone but I think Omid and Christa care for Clem too so I'm glad they are with me.

    I don't do rewinds or have multiple playthroughs either. These other options I learn about on the forums. Still, if you were to do a rewind and ditch Kenny I certainly would not ask any questions.:D

  • @Ninnuendo said: It's interesting that the one good thing you can say about Kenny is that he cares about his family, yet when did he actually take care of them?

    Ep 1 - On the tractor (Lee saves Duck)
    Ep 1 - Outside the pharmacy (Carley saves Duck)
    Ep 2 - By the truck (Lee saves Katjaa)
    Ep 2 - In the house (Lee saves Katjaa from Brenda)
    Ep 2 - Outside the house (Lee saves Duck after Kenny fucks it up)
    Ep 3 - During the ambush (Lee saves Katjaa and Duck). Carley, Lilly and Lee are dealing with the walkers. Where's Kenny? He's left his family behind to get the RV started :|

    He couldn't even finish off Duck, even when Katjaa and Lee both said he should, instead leaving him alone in the forest.

    Well, no argument there. I've just seen Kenny become more "concerned" when his family is involved. Charging Andy and getting shot in the process is more in line with what I mean and why he would go with you to rescue Clem if you told him she was family.

Add Comment