User Avatar Image

[TWD] Audio Issues (STEAM)

posted by Drakosmick on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Hi everyone, I'm here to present you a problem that I have with TWD original game on Steam.
Every 5 minutes (especially in crowded areas) the game freeze for 5 second to render and it is normal but it also present a strange audio lag like "trrrrrrr" or similar...
I CAN'T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, HELP PLEASE.
:)

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DjNDB said: Some other things you can try:
    - Make sure that anti-aliasing is set to "Application Controlled" in the catalyst control center
    - Set "Shadow Quality" to "off" in the games graphics menu.
    If set's not helping you can try reducing the other graphics settings as well.

Nope, I've tried all and all but it doesn't helps...(in catalyst control antialiasing is set to application controlled)
    http://youtu.be/02Rljhswu0M
    Here's a video of my problem in case you need more information...
    How you can see, all settings are on LOW and sorry for the bad quality but i had to convert the video (registered with fraps) from avi to mp4 because YT is so slow...
    To see the problem please watch from 1:32 to 2:15
    Cause some problems uploading the video, it is so messed up..
    Just watch from 1:32 to 2:15

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

I see what you mean. I don't know what causes it, but we can keep trying some things to figure out what could be wrong.

Please try if running the game during a clean boot helps.
    (I hope you can work with this, since i can't translate it for an Italian windows)

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. If running the game on Steam, re-check the "Steam Client Service"
    8. Click on OK
    9. Click Restart.
    10. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your settings by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer

• ran it in a clean boot but it doesn't helps...

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

I am sorry i can only wildly guess at this point.

Did you already try verifying your game cache files, to make sure the game files are not corrupted?

If that's not it, it could be related to power saving features.
    You can try disabling most power saving features by selecting the "High performance" power plan in Windows 7.

• @DjNDB said: I am sorry i can only wildly guess at this point.

Did you already try verifying your game cache files, to make sure the game files are not corrupted?

If that's not it, it could be related to power saving features.
    You can try disabling most power saving features by selecting the "High performance" power plan in Windows 7.

I tried putting high performances on power plan in Windows 7 and i checked the game chache on Steam and this solved just the 20% of the problem...
    So sad but I understand that this is a strange problem... :mad:

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

What exactly did get better?

• The audio stutter in the video at 1:32 there isn't anymore but when I'm in the door with the other guys it stutters so much and also when I ask to Clementine to find me some heavy thing to lock the door.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Does anything change if you run the game in windowed mode? (Press Alt-Enter to switch)

• @DjNDB said: Does anything change if you run the game in windowed mode? (Press Alt-Enter to switch)

Same thing, no changes...:(
    I'm fighting for this but I can't surrender and can't waste my money...
    Please...

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

I am almost out of ideas. I believe your system should be able to handle the game, but as a last resort i would try if additionally to reducing the graphics settings as before, changing the resolution to 640x480 improves anything.

If that's the case, it might be a performance issue.
    Ideally you would check the CPU and GPU load while it stutters.

Add Comment