1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rock114 said: I think Kenny was a good person in Episode 1. Yeah he panics when it comes to Shawn, but if Lee goes for Shawn instead of Duck Kenny doesn't really get mad right then and even owns up to his mistake to Lee. He'll also come back and save your life no matter what he thinks of you after Larry punches you. I even give him credit for saving the entire group after the alarm goes off, where Lilly just focuses on Larry.

I've always considered it a gradual decline in his humanity over the 3 months the group's been surviving that lead to his current attitude. I don't really think he's a power hungry megalomaniac, at least anymore than Lilly was, but think that he TRULY thought that he knew what was best for the group. He was a total bastard to her after he killed her dad (and I felt like crap because I helped) and he's also pretty stupid at certain points (telling about the girl in the street, or saying he was proud of you for dropping Ben). He's a stupid redneck though, and lets his emotions get the best of him at times.

I pretty much forgave him after I talked him down on the train because I finally understood why he was acting like such a douche lately (he didn't leave me to die in the barn or under the door, but I got fed up with his crap during the supply run. I also shot the girl). When he said he kept blaming himself for Shawn and said that he knew that sooner or later it would catch up to him, that cast his actions in a different light to me. He was just scared of losing his only family in the world and thought that because he made one mistake on Hershal's farm that his wife and son would pay for it. Knowing that he's blaming himself for every bad thing that happens to his family made me understand why they seemed like the only thing he cared about. And when I was able to make him see that he was wrong without having to fight him, I forgave him when he went to deal with his son and stop the train. The same reason I forgave Ben at Crawford. He was willing to face his mistakes and take responsibility for his actions. He volunteered to find Clem without a second thought, so I'll be glad to have him watching my back in Episode 5.

You traitor, i thought you were a fellow Kenny lover :P

Seriously though how is Kenny stupid for saying what happened in Macon? He is trying to tell Lilly what Macon is really like and how dangerous going in there really is. She's not the one taking the risk, she needs to know. And although i didnt actually kill Ben, im not suprised he said he was proud of you for doing so. The guy had recently killed his family and he probably felt some sick satisfaction in him being gone as im sure many other players had for his role in Carely's death. And we didnt even know her that well!

To all you darned Lilly fans, you can lose everyone's loyalty. Do the wrong things and Christa and Omid will leave you on your own as will Ben. And at least its possible to get Kenny on your side, so matter how kind and thoughtful and helpful you are to Lilly and no matter how you treat her dad, she still absolutely screws you over and leaves you to die, stealing you're only mode of transport and leaving you with the people you obviously hate so much (as well as a person recently bit) So much for her friendship

• @Wrighty said: You traitor, i thought you were a fellow Kenny lover :P

Seriously though how is Kenny stupid for saying what happened in Macon? He is trying to tell Lilly what Macon is really like and how dangerous going in there really is. She's not the one taking the risk, she needs to know. And although i didnt actually kill Ben, im not suprised he said he was proud of you for doing so. The guy had recently killed his family and he probably felt some sick satisfaction in him being gone as im sure many other players had for his role in Carely's death. And we didnt even know her that well!

To all you darned Lilly fans, you can lose everyone's loyalty. Do the wrong things and Christa and Omid will leave you on your own as will Ben. And at least its possible to get Kenny on your side, so matter how kind and thoughtful and helpful you are to Lilly and no matter how you treat her dad, she still absolutely screws you over and leaves you to die, stealing you're only mode of transport and leaving you with the people you obviously hate so much (as well as a person recently bit) So much for her friendship

No problem with them leaving me behind IF they have a reasonable purpose. I mean IF they act with a logical reason, it is ok with me.
    At least they won't keep babbling about a missing boat after all that hardwork of mine, or they won't fall in love with drinking while a lonely little girl wandering around in an empty&creepy manor.
    And at least Omid and Christa would know how to shoot a walker if they are half of Lilly. (Remember where Kenny were when those many walkers attacked to the Motor Inn ...)

I don't know if you watched one of very first Walking Dead promo videos as there can be seen, Christa is shooting herself in the head in the woods. Maybe it is because she is bitten, or Omid is long gone. Mark my words, she is dead already :)

I don't think this "who comes or not" issue effects the whole episode. I mean eighter you choose them to come or not, they will supposedly rejoin with you at some exact point of the final chapter of this story.

Well, again about Kenny... Regardless, he is an useless dumbass. He would shoot me and then himself on Finale as it begins! That would be best for him :)))

• I think Kenny and Lilly are similar characters. They have the same motives, but different ways of approaching them.
    I prefer Kenny though, to me his ideas make more sense and are better for the group as a whole. Another reason I prefer Kenny though is because from what we've seen so far he hasn't gone psycho after losing everything. Also it might be more of a benefit to side with Kenny because he can be with you in episode 5; whereas Lilly is gone in episode 3. Some people think she might come back, but I don't think she will :rolleyes:
    Anyway, it's all just my opinion. We either side with Lilly or Kenny depending on our own sense of right and wrong :)

• @dukeleto said: No problem with them leaving me behind IF they have a reasonable purpose. I mean IF they act with a logical reason, it is ok with me.
    At least they won't keep babbling about a missing boat after all that hardwork of mine, or they won't fall in love with drinking while a lonely little girl wandering around in an empty&creepy manor.
    And at least they would know how to shoot to a walker if they are half of Lilly. (Remember where Kenny were when those many walkers attacked to the Motor Inn ...)

I don't know if you watched one of very first Walking Dead promo videos as there can be seen, Christa is shooting herself in the head in the woods. Maybe it is because she is bitten, or Omid is long gone. Mark my words, she is dead already :)

I don't think this "who comes or not" issue effects the whole episode. I mean eighter you choose them to come or not, they will supposedly rejoin with you at some exact point of the final chapter of this story.

Well, again about Kenny... Regardless, he is an useless dumbass. He would shoot me and then himself on Finale as it begins! That would be best for him :)))

Lilly has no reasonable purpose or logical reason. You saved her life and forgave her after she murdered a good member and friend of the group. You arent going to kill her or anything. And she suddenly steals the RV and drives away, leaving the entire group to die on the road.

Can you really blame Kenny for drinking? He had lost his family, the only thing he cared about a couple of days ago and had realised that there was no way of finding a boat and safety, that they were trapped there. He was in a empty and SAFE house and probably assumed Clem wasnt so stupid as to wander off outside. And i dont know what you're saying with that other sentence.

Sorry but the promo video was actually Katjaa shooting herself, they just put in Christa's sprite so they wouldnt spoil the story in the trailer.

And i think the who comes or not will be important. I bet those who come with you survive and those who dont are eaten by the horde which has now reached Savannah or killed by walkie talkie guy.

And Kenny is an all round awesome guy!

• @Wrighty said:

The howl from players who thought Kenny was their friend at the end of e4 said it all. So many posts of betrayal and disappointment when Kenny refused to help rescue Clem. I was not surprised. Fortunately, there is a way to "fix" your broken game by going back and selecting a dialogue option that you otherwise would not have selected. Whew...the things you have to do to keep Kenny on your side...talk about high maintenance! Yep...he's a true friend :rolleyes:.

• @Wrighty said: Lilly has no reasonable purpose or logical reason. You saved her life and forgave her after she murdered a good member and friend of the group. You arent going to kill her or anything. And she suddenly steals the RV and drives away, leaving the entire group to die on the road.

Can you really blame Kenny for drinking? He had lost his family, the only thing he cared about a couple of days ago and had realised that there was no way of finding a boat and safety, that they were trapped there. He was in a empty and SAFE house and probably assumed Clem wasnt so stupid as to wander off outside. And i dont know what you're saying with that other sentence.

Sorry but the promo video was actually Katjaa shooting herself, they just put in Christa's sprite so they wouldnt spoil the story in the trailer.

And i think the who comes or not will be important. I bet those who come with you survive and those who dont are eaten by the horde which has now reached Savannah or killed by walkie talkie guy.

And Kenny is an all round awesome guy!

I know Lilly IS a murderer and I don't try to reason her behaviour but,
    1)She was "so sure" that someone was helping the bandits: and it was True.
    2)She was just too depressed and angry with that traitor issue, as it caused a little boy to get bitten, and the lost of the motor inn: and it was True.
    3)She ran away, but "I think" she was too ashamed for what she did to continue with the group and maybe she thought it won't be good to be with them neighter for them nor herself: and I think it was True.
    4)No matter what, she were always strong and she were in a good harmony with others until she lost her father: and it is True.
    5) So, I think she is not a cruel person but she has a very dramatic doom: and it is True for me.

Can I really blame Kenny for drinking?
    Yes I can. If he has completely lost his hope for survival; what is he doing along them? I can understand his bad feelings after he saw that boy in the attic and I can understand he is drinking because of his grief, but what about Clem? How can he turn his eyes away from her?
    If I went somewhere with someone else, and tragically if we got seperated with them when their little girl remained with my side; I'd look after her to the death. Lee might be away, Lee might get lost or he might disappear by a sever hole, and what should Kenny do after him? His first thing to do after they came back to their shelter was drinking! Sorry, but I can't forgive this.
    He caused Clem to get lost, but even so he continued reprove Lee severely about the boat, about how they will die etc etc...
    It was so selfish. Everyone else were in the same situation there and even Christa didn't act like him.
    "and probably assumed Clem wasnt so stupid as to wander off outside..." you are saying.
    Man, you shouldn't suppose,guess -or whatever- a child that he/she might do or not. You should keep your eyes on them. As always Lee were trying to do. A child is a child, nothing more.

"And i dont know what you're saying with that other sentence. "-
    I meant that Omid&Christa is much more valuable than Kenny as a sharpshooter if they have half balls Lilly had :) Remember what Kenny were doing in the RV (?) when that ambush occured in the motor inn:)

I really respect your feelings about Kenny my friend, but come here, sit and try to be more reasonable with it. Admit it at least... He is the ultimate loser :)

P.S: And Kenny is right, he really messed up everything :)

• My biggest problem with Kenny lies in ep.2. Killing Larry in that way was the beginning of the end. Even back then, when ep.3 wasn't released yet I knew that Kenny had doomed us. We weren't gonna survive that. You can't just kill one of your own and not expect consequences like the ones in ep.3. Even back in ep. 2 I knew that I would have to look for a new group, cause Lilly was my biggest friend and I knew that she would have to leave for Woodbury sooner or later. However, I didn't know that Kenny would come with me, despite me being the rudest person to him. He started plaguing my new group as well, even Molly decided not to come with us after she saw how he behaved.
    I don't want that man anywhere near me. He's like poison - slowly destroying everything he touches.
    If I had the chance I would take Lilly and Clem and leave the group right after ep. 2 or better. I would force Kenny to leave before the whole drama of ep. 3

• @YamiRaziel said: My biggest problem with Kenny lies in ep.2. Killing Larry in that way was the beginning of the end. Even back then, when ep.3 wasn't released yet I knew that Kenny had doomed us. We weren't gonna survive that. You can't just kill one of your own and not expect consequences like the ones in ep.3. Even back in ep. 2 I knew that I would have to look for a new group, cause Lilly was my biggest friend and I knew that she would have to leave for Woodbury sooner or later. However, I didn't know that Kenny would come with me, despite me being the rudest person to him. He started plaguing my new group as well, even Molly decided not to come with us after she saw how he behaved.
    I don't want that man anywhere near me. He's like poison - slowly destroying everything he touches.
    If I had the chance I would take Lilly and Clem and leave the group right after ep. 2 or better. I would force Kenny to leave before the whole drama of ep. 3

You interpretered my feelings! It means trouble everytime he opens his mouth.
    The thing is, the name of the thread and the amount of the replies create a good quote:
    F... Kenny :) (or his moustache:P)

• @Wrighty said: You traitor, i thought you were a fellow Kenny lover :P

Dude, I AM a Kenny lover! I'd take him over Lilly any day, but he has faults. Faults which make him human. I'd personally prefer him to NOT mention the stuff that happens when it's just me and him on a supply run or something like that. He doesn't think before he speaks, but that makes him seem more real. I don't hold it against him. Him telling Lilly how dangerous it was seemed necessary, because from that I gleaned that Lee and Kenny take all the risk for the supplies that Lilly didn't even bother to tell us were going missing. And I totally understand why Kenny would be proud of me for bringing his family's killer to justice, because I know that's how he saw it. I just felt like a total piece of shit for dropping him, to the point I hoped everyone would forget about Ben like they did Chuck, so I just didn't want to be reminded of it.

And agreed about Lilly. She'll abandon you no matter how nice you are to her, after murdering another member of the group for no reason. If you're loyal to Lilly, she'll up and abandon your ass. If you're loyal to Kenny, he'll die for you without hesitation. Because to him, you're his family. The only family he has left. The reason you have to side with Kenny more is because he's been with you from the beginning, whereas there are absolutely NO major choices involving Ben until the bell tower, and Christa and Omid have only just joined up with your group. The only big choice with them is the train situation with the herd. I'd say a good half of the major choices so far affect your relationship with Kenny.

• @Rock114 said:
    If you're loyal to Lilly, she'll up and abandon your ass. If you're loyal to Kenny, he'll die for you without hesitation. Because to him, you're his family. The only family he has left.

Hehe, it is weird how everyone reads different things from characters. Maybe this is because we are all playing same scenarios with different dialog choices.
    The Kenny I met is NOTHING closer to your description.
    I myself can not describe him with the words family-Lee-Clem or something like "buddy". For me, it is not going near of a "friendship" with my Lee and that Kenny have between them. And I don't think he sees Lee as a family member.
    I can simply prefer a confused Lilly to a shifty Kenny. :)

P.S: Man, what kind of a man can still walk around of a person after he has killed his/her father deliberately without no hesitation? Here we talk about company, not walking around though. They could wait and take care of the situation if Larry ever tries to turn. If Larry was about to turn, I'm sure Lilly should have been more reasonable and more brave with the result. But unfortunately Kenny has no brain!
    And that brick is all he understands from the title "family" :)

Add Comment