48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I try to get the Grim Fandango, Monkey Island and Full Throttle IPs in time this .
    :cool:

• @InLibdingColor said: Did they actually say that?

Well, they said they don't accept external scripts, and for now they've only created their own IPs... I think utilizing existing IPs wouldn't satisfy their creativity.

• I'd give Ron's MI IP just to see what'll come out of this. Plain curiosity.

• @Lambonius said: Yeah, but the two would be pretty different. Pirates is tonally very different from any Monkey Island game. A great Monkey Island film would be animated and more purely comedic than the Pirates films. I could see it being amazing if done right.

You're right, but for Disney executives that'll be "another pirate franchise", I think they wouldn't see beyond the main story.

In my opinion, it would be more peasible an animated TV show. Of course, I'm talking all this if Ron and if possible Dave & Tim accept.

• Disney don't care who gets creative control, they are after the money. They'll hand any IPs to the highest bidder with the best pitch. They're a business who are in it for the money!

Best we can hope for is there's a huge LucasArts fan on the board of directors who'll push for what we all want. I don't particularly want Monkey Island going to DICE lol!

• @zmally said: Disney don't care who gets creative control, they are after the money. They'll hand any IPs to the highest bidder with the best pitch. They're a business who are in it for the money!

Best we can hope for is there's a huge LucasArts fan on the board of directors who'll push for what we all want. I don't particularly want Monkey Island going to DICE lol!

I doubt it will be quite like that. Disney is a business but they're not stupid. I don't think they'd give an adventure game IP to a company that doesn't understand the genre. That would be bad business.

• @zmally said: They're a business who are in it for the money!

As is every company.

With Disney recently hiring Michael Arndt and ESPECIALLY Lawrence Kasdan to pen the new Star Wars movies, it's clear that they are WELL aware how to do some good to existing franchises. Actually I think Disney would be an excellent partner for Telltale.

• Somehow i seriously doubt that Telltale can afford buying any of those IP's unless they REALLY and i mean REALLY get a deal.

But maybe they can work something out, i mean like with Tales of monkey island, instead of having an ip just sit around doing absolutely nothing, maybe they could make a deal again that earns both money and gets new games made.

i just want to see a Day of the Tentacle from Telltale. Man that would really be something :D

While Telltale have made many great games, for me the one that comes closest to the magic of LucasArts back in the day is "Tales of Monkey Island".

They could even start a kickstarter something before actually going ahead with making a new game in one of the older Lucas Arts ip, if they arent sure about sales.

Somehow i really doubt we are the only ones that loved LucasArts adventure department from way back, i mean those IP's if backed by talented people, can make some of the best point n click games for a new generation.

But i wont have any more of the lies about point n click cannot be done in 3d enviroment or that crap. Point n click, Pc interface for PC, console interface for console :)

• Well The answer is simple

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Secret of Monkey Island

Jack Sparrow and Guybrush Threepwood swashing buckles and shivering timbers side by side

Seeing that MI has a basis in POTC and the POTC movies have a basis in MI its all kind of fitting they become one in the house of mouse

• Except it wouldn't exactly work due to modern day technology and references to it not only being present because of rule of funny, but also oftentimes as quest objects.

Proof in point: Rubber chicken pulley.

Add Comment