User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.5K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's unrealistic, as in Zombieland, the first to go are the fatties, the weak, the old and the crippled.

• I think is Glenn, The guy on first episode that gone to save his friend.:confused:

• I don't think it will be any Comic/Show character, I'm sure it'll be a new one exclusively from the game, like Lee is/was. I don't think it'll be Clementine, she's too young. I vote for Molly. Or maybe a new character which we haven't met yet. Then maybe Clementine for Season 3.

• I think Christa would make an excellent protagonist especially considering her condition.

• @Bearcules said: I think Christa would make an excellent protagonist especially considering her condition.

Christa? What? You have got to be kidding. Besides from the fact she's got the sort of face you want to punch repeatedly, I don't fancy playing an overly sensitive pregnant lady for an entire season. No, I think she's one of the weakest characters in the entire series. I hate her more than I hated Larry, and I smashed Larry's head in with a saltlick.

I'd like to see you play a homeless guy like Chuck: spending his time during the zombie apocalypse in a drunken haze, bumbling from one place to another. Maybe stealing supplies from surviving groups in his quest for boos. Also he wouldn't be very sociable and maybe he'd have a dog. He wouldn't be a leader, and you could have the option to play as an antagonist or a hero; not just a hero with varying shades like Lee.

• I'm still hoping that Lee and Clem are going to return for season 2.

• Lee amputating/slicing the infected hip off his arm, as the series goes on..PLZ I WANT LEE HE'S THE BEST CHARACTER EVER IN VIDEO GAMING.

• I hope there is a new set of characters and a new protagonist. I would love to have Lee another season, but since he's obvious going to die, I want a whole new group with new surroundings and things like that.

• Season 2 does need new character, the whole idea is that the protagonist is someone that you have no previous knowledge or prejudice of.

I think it would be good for season 2 to start in the middle of the apocalypse rather than the start, it will be difficult to give more difficult choices at the start of the walking dead. For example, I bet the number of people who would kill irene would be much higher now than when episode 1 was played.

Add Comment