User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 24.3K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think it'll be a completely new character for season 2 :D At least i really hope so and if any of our group make it to the end that they'll at least show up again at least once in the new season.
    I know a lot of people won't like this idea, but say I think it'll be cool to have Ben as a main character and he'll be more mature and changed from the events in episode 5. I know that won't happen though because he can die :rolleyes:
    It'll be nice to have a teaser for the new season shown at the end of episode 5 too :)

    Edit:
    I really hope it won't be Molly, I just can't trust her at all. I'll have to wait for episode 5 to see whether I'm right about finding her fishy...

  • I don't think we'd be playing as a character who we've already seen, because every character has shown a part of their personality and because of that some people don't like them already, hence they wouldn't want to play that character. We're gonna need another 'blank personality' character like Lee, whose personality the player shapes from the very beginning.

  • @Viser said: I don't think we'd be playing as a character who we've already seen, because every character has shown a part of their personality and because of that some people don't like them already, hence they wouldn't want to play that character. We're gonna need another 'blank personality' character like Lee, whose personality the player shapes from the very beginning.

    thats exactly what i was thinking

  • They are likely to make a new Character maybe a Female protagonist

    It would be good if it were in a completely different location
    Maybe somewhere colder like Alaska or they could go to another country like the UK

  • @Hudomonkey said: They are likely to make a new Character maybe a Female protagonist

    It would be good if it were in a completely different location
    Maybe somewhere colder like Alaska or they could go to another country like the UK

    Nope has to be I Georgia at least seeing that's where the majority of the comics take place

  • what about a doctor or something similar? Someone who as generally always had to help people, and being in the hospital would sort of be throwing you in at the deep end. Lee had quite a 'gentle' introduction to the zombies.

  • if we see a "to be continued" at the end of ep5 i think the story of the remaining group will be continued in season 2, so a new protagonist and not a whole new group

  • @booki94 said: if we see a "to be continued" at the end of ep5 i think the story of the remaining group will be continued in season 2, so a new protagonist and not a whole new group

    if it says "to be continued". I swear I will piss my pants.
    if they have that it's going to be so tedious to wait Half a year.

  • @Triskele said: It's going to be Molly.

    I hope not.

  • @TheNNerdGamer said: if it says "to be continued". I swear I will piss my pants.
    if they have that it's going to be so tedious to wait Half a year.

    Oh dear, you better stock up on pampers.

Add Comment