User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 8.4K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dukeleto said: No matter which face of the characters you met, I know only one thing:

Lilly was always looking into my eyes and my mouth when a tough decision was meant to be made, but Kenny, such irrilevant and irresponsible bastard always shouted at people first.

Well, Kenny can kiss my a.., bro. He managed to come with Lee to the season finale, but this time I swear to God, I'll prepare him a surprise and I won't lose this very last chance ;)

i really can't translate what the is supposed to mean

• "Lilly was always looking into my eyes and my mouth when a tough decision was meant to be made, but Kenny, such irrilevant and irresponsible bastard always shouted at people first."

means:
    When it comes decision time;
    Lilly was always waiting for the first words from Lee and she looked into Lee's eyes before she opened her mouth to talk.
    Cause she had much respect to Lee's ideas.
    But Kenny,
    His first reactions was always so loud. He was shouting, arguing etc... etc...

Boy, how old are you?
    Or I should ask maybe, where are you from?

• @dukeleto said: "Lilly was always looking into my eyes and my mouth when a tough decision was meant to be made, but Kenny, such irrilevant and irresponsible bastard always shouted at people first."

means:
    When it comes decision time;
    Lilly was always waiting a word from me and she looked into my eyes first.
    Cause she has much respect to my ideas.
    But Kenny,
    His first reactions was always so loud. He was shouting, arguing etc... etc...

she may look in your eyes but she will never do anything you tell her and if you are anti lilly she will scream you down, why should lee be the centre of all decisions anyway, i may feel like Lee is the most important person in the universe but why should a guy that has a family think Lee is the centre of the universe?

@dukeleto said: Boy, how old are you?
    Or I should ask maybe, where are you from?

is that a quote? or did you just call me boy and ask my age? child, that can be considered rude to call someone boy, if you really want to know I'm 25 and from England

• @thestalkinghead said: she may look in your eyes but she will never do anything you tell her and if you are anti lilly she will scream you down, why should lee be the centre of all decisions anyway, i may feel like Lee is the most important person in the universe but why should a guy that has a family think Lee is the centre of the universe?

is that a quote? or did you just call me boy and ask my age? child, that can be considered rude to call someone boy, if you really want to know I'm 25 and from England

Hey, no need to get offended. If I caused any bad feelings, I'm trully sorry.

Anyway, I used those words after I took a look at your profile and I guess someone at your age should at least fill his location info.
    Or shouldn't write like this:
    "i really can't translate what the is supposed to mean "

But you are right, I don't have any right to call you in that way.
    Trully sorry, again, this Kenny thing is itching my nerves :)

• @dukeleto said: Hey, no need to get offended. If I caused any bad feelings, I'm trully sorry.

Anyway, I used those words after I took a look at your profile and I guess someone at your age should at least fill his location info.

But you are right, I don't have any right to call you that way.
    Trully sorry, again, this Kenny thing is itching my nerves :)

it's cool i wasn't really offended :) and i guess i don't think it matters where i come from or my age so i didn't put it on my profile

and i wrote "the" instead of "that" by accident get over it

• @thestalkinghead said: it's cool i wasn't really offended :) and i guess i don't think it matters where i come from or my age so i didn't put it on my profile

Then we can be friends, right? Come here boy, a- ha!

CHEERS buddy! :)))

• @dukeleto said: Then we can be friends, right? Come here boy, a- ha!

CHEERS buddy! :)))

yeah we can be friends :D

• @thestalkinghead said: yeah we can be friends :D

According to our new friendship, I can give you a secret:
    That guy, Kenny, he really sucks. :)

:)

• @dukeleto said: According to our new friendship, I can give you a secret:
    That guy, Kenny, he really sucks. :)

:)

:eek:

Secret:
    i don't really like lilly

• @thestalkinghead said: i was talking about lilly in all kinds of playthroughs she never does anything i would consider to have any value to the group and she never demonstrates any leadership qualities , i have seen the best and worst of lilly and kenny, and kenny's best is better than lilly's and lilly's worst is worse than kennys

Yeah, I don't know if it's a benfit or not to see every possible outcome through multiple playthroughs. I think it detatches a person from "their" story. But hey, that's just me. You're looking at Lilly from a comparitive perspective of knowing everything that could happen based on different dialogue choices. I just know the one Lilly and the one Kenny.

BTW, that secret dukeleto told you...feel free to tell others because it is so true!:)

Add Comment