User Avatar Image

The inevitable graphics discussion thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 830 users

Some of you have already voiced their opinion, but as the game's release gets closer and the first footage is out there to watch and judge, let's hear some details about what you think about the graphic style. I'll chime in later. ;) ;)

I explicitly abstained from bringing this discussion down to "realistic vs. cartoony" in the poll. I hope you approve.

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i really liked the graphics it made it look good, has bright colors instead of the "next gen grey palletes ulta real SUPAH FUN" , and well it looks like a comic.

Also the expressions as someone mentioned up didn't look weird at all much better than alot of the games made with other overused engines if you ask me, so i think they nailed it with this.

• the games graphics are about as good as they need to be, no more no less. some of environments look pretty good from a distance. it would cost them more money to make a more polished game, and their main aim is to have it run on as many machines as possible to increase sales.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

That the characters have no outlines seems to work somehow. But what I'd really love to see is the so-called occlusion shadow. When I first approached Kenny's car, I was really missing those. It was a great object that felt impressively solid, but it looked like it hovered over the ground.

Nevertheless - the cars look excellent in motion in this graphic style. The first escape to Hershel's house was really impressive. Hope they're doing more with them, maybe have a chase scene or something in future episodes.

• I am very happy with the current state of animation, because it runs well on my craptastic 4.5 year laptop with ati 2600 GPU at windowed 1280 x 800. I disabled shadows and a few things but it's running and looks great now

• I have no issues with the graphical style, but i really wish they had put more effort into the textures.
    Some of the textures look extremely low res which i hope they will fix in future episodes.

• instead of a cartoonish one.

I would like to hear your opinions

• @Chanut_N said: instead of a cartoonish one.

I would like to hear your opinions

No. the graphics style is inspired by the comics, as it is based on the comics and not the tv show.

• Whoa, Did my comic book just start to walk?
    For a game purely based on the comics (exception for some characters and locations.. And something else I don't know.) It's planned out nicely.

• @Vainamoinen said: Some of you have already voiced their opinion, but as the game's release gets closer and the first footage is out there to watch and judge, let's hear some details about what you think about the graphic style. I'll chime in later. ;) ;)

I explicitly abstained from bringing this discussion down to "realistic vs. cartoony" in the poll. I hope you approve.

I love Cell Shading, and I LOVE TWD's graphics.

Add Comment