User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 8.5K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.


It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kiel555 said: Yeah, I don't know if it's a benfit or not to see every possible outcome through multiple playthroughs. I think it detatches a person from "their" story. But hey, that's just me. You're looking at Lilly from a comparitive perspective of knowing everything that could happen based on different dialogue choices. I just know the one Lilly and the one Kenny.

    BTW, that secret dukeleto told you...feel free to tell others because it is so true!:)

    i am pretty stubborn so once i make my mind up i don't like to change it, so even though lilly is nicer in my pro lilly play through, i still keep my initial opinion of her and its hard to shake off so i have to role play it as a guy that liked lilly when we first met

    and what are you talking about? our secret conversation was secret, nobody can know about it :cool:

  • @thestalkinghead said: :eek:

    Secret:
    i don't really like lilly

    :eek::eek::eek:
    Uh-oh! You just broke the very first rule of this thread.
    Nobody can mention unliking Lilly and turns back and goes! BANG! (now THIS was a Lilly-kinda thing) :D

    I don't know what the secret is or is not but I know that Telltale has a big secret which reasons people like us to discuss two imaginary protagonists' different characteristics in their possible alternate zombie-filled virtualities :P

  • Dude, among all the stupid things you said that I'm not even gonna bother discussing, can you please answer me how was Lilly bad at rationing food and how was Kenny better in that?
    You know when you discussing something, you are supposed to back your opinion with some explanation. She's like this, she's like that, isn't a valid argument even in a forum environment.

  • @YamiRaziel said: Dude, among all the stupid things you said that I'm not even gonna bother discussing, can you please answer me how was Lilly bad at rationing food and how was Kenny better in that?
    You know when you discussing something, you are supposed to back your opinion with some explanation. She's like this, she's like that, isn't a valid argument even in a forum environment.

    Yami, I think we are talking uselessly.
    I guess, these opposite opinions are because we are all playing different games. All these different ideas are because of this.
    Maybe, this game is creating heroes and heroines according to our choices? Which means "Kiel555", "YamiRaziel" and "I" have similar game choices hence "thestalkinghead", "Wrighty" and "Rock114" are on their own same scenario. Telltale Games is so clever ; they created a very charming story with many scandals among players' playthroughs.

    I'm saying this because I'm reading many things about Kenny who is not even close to "my" Kenny, and Lilly who is completely someone else than "my" Lilly.
    Tricky game it is :)

  • @YamiRaziel said: Dude, among all the stupid things you said that I'm not even gonna bother discussing, can you please answer me how was Lilly bad at rationing food and how was Kenny better in that?
    You know when you discussing something, you are supposed to back your opinion with some explanation. She's like this, she's like that, isn't a valid argument even in a forum environment.

    i didn't say kenny was better at rationing food (he doesn't do that) Lilly was bad at rationing food because we ended up with just a few bites of food before she told everybody we had ran out of food and when it came down to the last of the food she couldn't handle the responsibility of not feeding everybody (because of her bad rationing technique) and gave the responsibility to lee when it was brought up that she isn't good at handling the food

  • @thestalkinghead said: i didn't say kenny was better at rationing food (he doesn't do that) Lilly was bad at rationing food because we ended up with just a few bites of food before she told everybody we had ran out of food and when it came down to the last of the food she couldn't handle the responsibility of not feeding everybody (because of her bad rationing technique) and gave the responsibility to lee when it was brought up that she isn't good at handling the food

    That is so not true. Have you even paid attention to the dialogue?
    First of all, everybody knew they've been running out of food. She didn't told them the last day, they knew from the very beginning.
    Secondly, her technique was perfect and much much better than yours. She had a lottery and the winners received food. It's chance and it's fair. Had she fed only the people she liked, some would have definitely died out of starvation. She let Lee do it the last dauy, so he can understand how hard it is. She didn't want to see people starve too but there was nothing she can do.
    Seriously, you are speaking nonsense. Replay the episode, you clearly misunderstood most of it.

  • @YamiRaziel said: Dude, among all the stupid things you said that I'm not even gonna bother discussing, can you please answer me how was Lilly bad at rationing food and how was Kenny better in that?
    You know when you discussing something, you are supposed to back your opinion with some explanation. She's like this, she's like that, isn't a valid argument even in a forum environment.

    sheesh its the internet, who cares

  • @YamiRaziel said: That is so not true. Have you even paid attention to the dialogue?
    First of all, everybody knew they've been running out of food. She didn't told them the last day, they knew from the very beginning.
    Secondly, her technique was perfect and much much better than yours. She had a lottery and the winners received food. It's chance and it's fair. Had she fed only the people she liked, some would have definitely died out of starvation. She let Lee do it the last dauy, so he can understand how hard it is. She didn't want to see people starve too but there was nothing she can do.
    Seriously, you are speaking nonsense. Replay the episode, you clearly misunderstood most of it.

    no you misunderstood, it was the last of the food else everybody would have some (a bite to eat isn't enough anyway), and mark thought her rationing technique was bad and if everybody knew it was the last of the food everybody would have wanted to move to get more food, they only knew food was short not totally gone, also a lottery is idiotic that would mean that you could not get any food ever because you lost every time = not fair at all, are you saying she didn't feed everybody each time and that some got none each rationing, that is stupid

  • @thestalkinghead said: no you misunderstood, it was the last of the food else everybody would have some (a bite to eat isn't enough anyway), and mark thought her rationing technique was bad and if everybody knew it was the last of the food everybody would have wanted to move to get more food, they only knew food was short not totally gone, also a lottery is idiotic that would mean that you could not get any food ever because you lost every time = not fair at all, are you saying she didn't feed everybody each time and that some got none each rationing, that is stupid

    That's not unfair, that is life itself. This is not about luck factor but about randomizing.

    So, please share your own solution with us. If you ever been in such condition, what would you do my dear friend? I'm dying to hear.

    You guys are just only not seeing that your Kenny's sins&faults ARE three times more than our Lilly.
    You can only claim her for not doing that "rationing thing right" or for killing
    Carley, or stealing the RV. And what then? ? ?

    But I can claim Kenny for not helping Shawn (when he took his own boy he can drop him down and obey him to wind up to his mother and come back to help instead of getting away), I can claim him for killing Larry or stealing from car or leaving me behind with zombies in that drugstore(Ep.03) or pushing me to the edge with his terrible ideas about leaving- killing somebody or something else he wants...
    Or I can claim him for wanting a teenager to die or drinking in a serious situation instead of cooperating with me or for not looking after Clementine, or his desire of not taking everybody on boat, or for yelling at me any single chance he had and criticizing all my decisions...
    And lastly, I didn't experience it but I heard that if you don't choose "Kenny, I need you" or "Clem is like a family" dialogs in the end, he is turning around and leaving Lee be. WHAT A LIFETIME BRO!

    These are the first things I could remember. And I'm not eager to sort any more, but I'm sure there are much more if I could remember properly.

    And pretty please, at least realize it that whichever Kenny you were dealing with was false&shifty&selfish&despotic&useless scumbag. It was you who installed the meaning on him.

  • >_> This thread pisses me off. I'm sorry, but Lilly fans are becoming the New Carley fans.

    *sees thread with Kenny related* OMFG KENNY'S AN ASSHUUL FUCK HIM

Add Comment