User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 200K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Honestly, in this day and age, secession is a pretty much impossible. It simply isn't feasible anymore with the way governments work now.

• Tell that to Quebec, they've(a certain party) been trying for like 15 years or so.

• @StrongBrush1 said: Didn't we have a civil war the last time people tried to secede from the union?

I don't think I like where this is going.

The funny part is that, with the exception of New York and Texas, most of those states receive more funding from the federal government than they pay in to it. So they'd really be shooting themselves in the foot if they tried seceding.

Really, of all the states, I think California would actually do the best job of being independent, despite enormous deficit, simply because a huge portion of industry, agriculture, and trade is located here. And we have the ninth highest GDP in the world. Funnily enough, nobody here seems to want it as much as the states that can't afford it.

You know where Louisiana is? 61. That's well below Mexico and Argentina.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

What are you doing playing Diablo III anyway.

• @Vainamoinen said: What are you doing playing Diablo III anyway.

I was playing it. I wanted to play this game because I knew it would be so bad it would stop me from buying anything Blizzard puts out. And it worked flawlessly in that regard.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@der_ketzer said: I was playing it. I wanted to play this game because I knew it would be so bad it would stop me from buying anything Blizzard puts out. And it worked flawlessly in that regard.

I see that you GOT World of Warcraft although you didn't BUY it. You get this piece of ...excretion... either way! :eek:

• @Vainamoinen said: I see that you GOT World of Warcraft although you didn't BUY it. You get this piece of ...excretion... either way! :eek:

It's a conspiracy.

• If someone is suddenly a lot nicer to you and you don't even know them that well, then what does that mean....? :confused:

(Because someone at work was like that to me today. If anything its made me kind of paranoid now... >_>)

• @RetroVortex said: If someone is suddenly a lot nicer to you and you don't even know them that well, then what does that mean....? :confused:

(Because someone at work was like that to me today. If anything its made me kind of paranoid now... >_>)

I don't know what it means. I would probably ask them directly if I was in your situation. (Though, to be honest, I'd most probably not even notice a change in their behaviour.)

This discussion has been closed.