1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Super awesome game though....and after many playthroughs i still say " f*** kenny"

• @deadk1ng said: Super awesome game though....and after many playthroughs i still say " f*** kenny"

You must be proud to have the thread where the maximum replies are.
    But no surprise with that enormous title. Lets say it again;
    " f*** kenny" !

• @dukeleto said: As it is said on another thread; to get "bros for life speech", you should perform these:

save duck instead of shawn
    back at the drug store tell kenny to kick Larry's ass
    episode 2
    give at least one member of his family food (duck), DO NOT give it to either lilly or larry
    kill larry
    side with him when he says "there's gonna be fallout".
    episode 3
    agree with him when he asks:"have you made your mind yet about leaving the Hotel".
    side with him when Lilly's paranoia starts
    leave lilly on the road
    calm kenny on the train
    episode 4
    side with kenny when looking for a boat
    side with him when he wants to kill ben
    DONT DROP BEN WHEN THAT PART COMES!

He always needs something. It's like you are not playing this game but Kenny does.
    And he always have someone to die in his agenda.

Proud with him, you Kenny lovers.
    Clap clap clap ;)

choices by: TheNNerdGamer
    lol

• I saved Shawn. I seriously felt like the guy needed much more help than Duck. He was stuck under a tractor for God's sake, and I knew Kenny would rescue Duck, so my gut feeling was Shawn, and I still regret not helping the both of them to this day. As for when we first met Larry, I went badass mode on him. "Because it's me, before anybody else!" And I can blame Kenny for what happened at Hershel's, but I won't. The guy was scared. I probably would've done the same thing in this new world.

Then there was Episode 2, where things didn't go so well. When the feeding came up, I started off with my usual Clementine, then I went over to Larry, to get on his good side. I had two left. And I went over to.......Ben. I'm sorry! He just looked so helpless! Anyway, I offered the last piece to Kenny (Doug wouldn't take it). And he told me to feed Duck, so I did. Then he got mad, but realized I was feeding the kids, so, meh. As the Episode progressed, he left me for dead after the meat locker scene. I helped Lilly, which I actually regret doing...

When Episode 3 starts, I can automatically tell he doesn't like me. So when he asks me about staying or leaving, I panic and say we should go. But when we get back to the motel, I tell him the place is fine. Another horrible decision. When the time comes, I finish off Duck for him, and had to end up fighting him on the train.

Then Episode 4 comes in, and I notice that he treats everyone the same throughout the episode. Depressed and wrecked. But then Lee gets bit, and I turn to Kenny, getting the neutral speech, and I tell him I need him, when he says I've only been looking out for myself. I still feel sorry for the guy, and still care for him.

Basically for me, I wanted to help him, but everything that I thought was right was turning him against me. Eventually to the point where he decides I don't care what he thinks. That's why I have my Pro-Kenny second playthrough, but it just doesn't feel right...

• Did the writers really intend to make Kenny this unlikable? I guess its realistic. Sometimes people you think you can trust betray you and they are not who they seem. He's the Shane of the Walking Dead game for me.

• @dukeleto said: Larry was NOT dead, Lee was doing a heartmassage but then, guess what?
    Even if he was dead, Kenny, man please have some respect to the family issues, it is not duty to handle the situation.
    And if Larry would have turned, come on, they would easily take good care of that fat zombie Larry.

How long is a RV needed to get started?

Ben already said that he had been threaten by bandits. And he would have been never admitted his crime.
    If I were Kenny, I'd blame myself for doing NOTHING when Lee mentioned about those bandits. It'd be much harder than blaming a poor guy, right?

Kenny babbling... Well, you will have to remember the boat issue, or the part he was drinking which I remember firstly.

This guy may be me. Please just look at that guy's face around 09:45 . Just priceless :) ----->
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdrVfLuKO4g

Larry's heart had stopped. Not to mention, last time he had a heart attack we had to get him medicine and im pretty sure CPR doesnt magically repair the heart anyway. You just dont know if he was dead. Also "respect to the family issues" shouldnt risk everyone getting devoured. Larry possibly turning into a zombie and killing everyone is not a simple "family issue". And Larry isnt fat, he is buff and huge. Not to mention no one in the meatlocker had any weapons.

The RV engine wasnt starting, the thing was old and needed repair. Not to mention, Kenny hadnt finished those repairs when the bandits attacked.

And why didnt Ben admit his crime? If Ben hadnt been stupid and actually told the group, Kenny's family would still be alive. I agree that Ben doesnt deserve to die, but i would feel different if the guy was responsible for my family getting wiped out a few days ago. How would you feel if Ben's stupidity got Clem and Carely killed? (if they were your family).

And what was the boat issue? Part where he was drinking?

• You can keep your "Larry was dead" speech, but I won't make it true. Not two months ago, not now, not ever. Larry wasn't dead yet, he might have died, but he could've survived also.
    The way Kenny approached the situation was beyond horrible, not to mention it wasn't his place to approach it at all.
    You tell us to imagine stuff, now you imagine that Clem is in danger and she needs your and Kenny's help, and he just refuses to help you.
    Oh, wait, you don't have to imagine it! It happens in episode 4. Congratulations!
    Kenny needed my Lee many times, and I helped him in most of them. Lilly needed me only this once, I helped her and he not only backstabbed us both, but he also had the insolence so blame me for it? Fuck Kenny!

In my playthrough I gave him the chance to leave with his family in the RV. His asnwer was "yeah so Lilly and Carley will stay with you, and who do I got? Ben?".
    He wants to control people more than he cares about his family. Deny it as much as you want, but he actually enjoys giving orders.
    For God's sake he wanted us to pack into that broken RV when he hadn't even repaired it. It was just that he had to complain, whine and do it his way.

The motel was a great place to be. Macon was close for supplies and had Ben told us about his deal with the bandits, we could've been prepared and taken them out.
    There are bandits and evil people everywhere - Crowford, Woodbury, Atlanta... the St. John's farm... There are worse places to be than that Motor Inn. At least there we know the surrounding area and we know who we are dealing with.

• @YamiRaziel said: You can keep your "Larry was dead" speech, but I won't make it true. Not two months ago, not now, not ever. Larry wasn't dead yet, he might have died, but he could've survived also.

correction:

No one knows if he was alive or dead

• @TheNNerdGamer said: correction:

No one knows if he was alive or dead

I think Yami meant with his comment that:

No one in that meatlocker has sounded this quote before Kenny went with that salt thing:

"Oh gosh.. OK, he is dead..."

I think this is fair enough here to guess if he was NO DOUBT dead or not.

• @YamiRaziel said: You can keep your "Larry was dead" speech, but I won't make it true. Not two months ago, not now, not ever. Larry wasn't dead yet, he might have died, but he could've survived also.
    The way Kenny approached the situation was beyond horrible, not to mention it wasn't his place to approach it at all.
    You tell us to imagine stuff, now you imagine that Clem is in danger and she needs your and Kenny's help, and he just refuses to help you.
    Oh, wait, you don't have to imagine it! It happens in episode 4. Congratulations!
    Kenny needed my Lee many times, and I helped him in most of them. Lilly needed me only this once, I helped her and he not only backstabbed us both, but he also had the insolence so blame me for it? Fuck Kenny!

In my playthrough I gave him the chance to leave with his family in the RV. His asnwer was "yeah so Lilly and Carley will stay with you, and who do I got? Ben?".
    He wants to control people more than he cares about his family. Deny it as much as you want, but he actually enjoys giving orders.
    For God's sake he wanted us to pack into that broken RV when he hadn't even repaired it. It was just that he had to complain, whine and do it his way.

The motel was a great place to be. Macon was close for supplies and had Ben told us about his deal with the bandits, we could've been prepared and taken them out.
    There are bandits and evil people everywhere - Crowford, Woodbury, Atlanta... the St. John's farm... There are worse places to be than that Motor Inn. At least there we know the surrounding area and we know who we are dealing with.

I agree with you, Larry might have been alive. But is it really worth the risk? After what happened after his last heart attack and the stress he is under now, is it really worth gambling everyone's lives on him being alive? And sure Kenny killed(?) him in a gruesome and traumatising way but theres no other way to do it and they didnt have much time to decide anyway. They obviously reaminate quickly. Anyway it had to be Kenny's place to decide, it involves and affects everyone in the meatlocker. Its not like Lilly could do what needs to be done and you're Lee wasnt going to do the right thing.

And Kenny refused to help YOUR Lee because you obviously dont have the guts to do the smart thing, so you will probably get yourself and him killed, and because you gambled with his and his families lives on low odds. Also Lilly needed you're help once, and she then stole the RV and left ya to die. Nice one.

Kenny doesnt enjoy giving orders, he's just trying to make sure his family survive. I dont blame him for not wanting to be by himself and his family with only Ben for help. He doesnt want to control you but he does know they have a better chance with you and so he tries to convince you. And he obviously wasnt finished repairing it when the bandits attacked. If he actually had time it probably would have been in better shape.

And the Motel was a rubbish place to be. Loads of bandits camped right outside you're home. Macon was probably looted dry since they have been in the Motel for so long, the pharmacy was empty. And even if Ben had told you about their plan, you cant really get ready and just deal with that many bandits and then the walkers which were attracted by the gunfire. Its not even certain that they would have had enough ammo to deal with them. Also did you see how quickly their defenses fell to the bandits and how they swarmed in? Other places might not have huge groups of bandits outside you're base, furious at you for destroying their food supply. Other places might have friendly survivors or at least a safer place to settle down. Nope, the Motel sucked.

Add Comment