User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 187.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Iryon said: I don't know what it means. I would probably ask them directly if I was in your situation. (Though, to be honest, I'd most probably not even notice a change in their behaviour.)

If there is one thing I pick up on. Its emotions. Behavior.

There are very few people I can't read. There *is* one person at work I don't like to look at for this reason. Something about their eyes that betrays them, (not the same person as the girl that has changed her attitude to me).

I wonder if she has received some kind of information, some kind of stimuli that has changed her perspective. The analyst in me is curious to find out why.
    (But I'm sure that the next time I talk to her, (if I do, since the workplace allows little opportunity for a chat), I'll find out or have a clue to that reason)

• @der_ketzer said: It's a conspiracy.

It really is. I got a free copy of WoW stuck in my big box Diablo II. They can't give them away anymore so they're using the old pusher tactic and giving the first sample for free.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

THANK GOD Blizzard doesn't have my address. Before we know it, WoW DVDs receive the AOL CD treatment and we don't know where to hide from them.

cds_baddream.jpg

• @Vainamoinen said: THANK GOD Blizzard doesn't have my address.

They don't have mine either. They think I live in the USA.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Good thing they don't check your IP when you're playing DIII.

• @Vainamoinen said: Good thing they don't check your IP when you're playing DIII.

No idea if they do. Don't care if they do.
    My IP is stored constantly in several places. Including several vBulletin forums.

All I know is the server you get (e.g. in D3) depends on the client you installed, not the current IP adress.

• Damn. There's a lot of hate in those articles.

Though, my favorite bit was this dude who started ranting about how being able to spread your own immoral beliefs was not a right and how it caused disgusting diseases and was a choice and shit like that. Then the next commenter said, "Geez. Calm down, dude. Not all Christians are like that."

BAZING.

• @RetroVortex said: If someone is suddenly a lot nicer to you and you don't even know them that well, then what does that mean....? :confused:

(Because someone at work was like that to me today. If anything its made me kind of paranoid now... >_>)

Could be nothing to do with you, too. Could be that they've made a realization in their own lives that they're not being friendly enough, and are now trying to overcompensate. I would accept them as their new selves, while keeping an eye out for things like, "So, can you lend me your new gaming console for a week, ol' pal?"

• @der_ketzer said: It's a conspiracy.

I told you there was treachery afoot...

This discussion has been closed.