User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 9.1K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dukeleto said: That's not unfair, that is life itself. This is not about luck factor but about randomizing.

So, please share your own solution to us. If you ever been in such condition, what would you do my dear friend? I'm dying to hear.

You guys are just only not seeing that your Kenny's sins&faults ARE three times more than our Lilly.
    You can only claim her for not doing that rationing thing right or for killing
    Carley, or stealing the RV. And what then? ? ?

But I can claim Kenny for not helping Shawn (when he took his own boy he can drop him down and obey him to wind up to his mother instead of getting away.), I can claim him for killing Larry or stealing from car or leaving me behing with zombies in that drugstore or pushing me to the edge with his terrible ideas about leaving- killing somebody or something else he wants...
    Or I can claim him for wanting a teenager to die or drinking in a serious situation instead of cooperating or for not looking after Clementine, or his desire of not taking everybody on boat, or for yelling at me and criticizing my all decisions...
    And lastly, I didn't experience it but I heard that if you don't choose "Kenny, I need you" or "Clem is like a family" dialogs in the end, he is turning around and leaving Lee be. WHAT A LIFETIME BRO!

These are the first things I could remember. And I'm not eager to sort any more, but I'm sure there are much more if I could remember properly.

And pretty please, at least realize it that whichever Kenny you were dealing with was false&shifty&selfish&despotic&useless scumbag. It was you who installed the meaning on him.

i would feed everyone and if we were running out of food i would tell everyone exactly the situation and we would move to get more food.

and actually if you are kenny's friend he is always there for you.

and to match your list of bad things kenny does

lilly doesn't want you in her group and tries to make you leave, she either agrees with larry or doesn't stand up to him when he wants to throw out Duck, she is bad at rationing food, she screams at you for saving ben's life, she leaves you to die when andrew is trying to kill you, she clings onto her leadership role even when she is clearly incapable of performing her role, she kills carley in cold blood and doug by accident after trying to kill ben (extremely bad), she abandons all of the group by the side of the road leaving them with no transport, and then that is it she is gone and no more chances to be crazy.

• @thestalkinghead said: i would feed everyone and if we were running out of food i would tell everyone exactly the situation and we would move to get more food.

and actually if you are kenny's friend he is always there for you.

and to match your list of bad things kenny does

lilly doesn't want you in her group and tries to make you leave, she either agrees with larry or doesn't stand up to him when he wants to throw out Duck, she is bad at rationing food, she leaves you to die when andrew is trying to kill you, she clings onto her leadership role even when she is clearly incapable of performing her role, she kills carley in cold blood and doug by accident after trying to kill ben (extremely bad), she abandons all of the group by the side of the road leaving them with no transport, and then that is it she is gone and no more chances to be crazy.

At LEAST she DID NOT leave you behind with zombies when you need a hand.
    Never mind, I'm not trying to change your ideas. But your list is kinda look "if you side with Kenny" thing to me(except killing Carley/Doug and stealing the RV). But I don't think my list is as depending to choices as yours, hence he was not offering to steal from a car or wasn't leaving you behind to zombies or if he wasn't drinking, with your playthrough?

My examples were not variable according to players' choices, I think. It is Kenny by all means.
    But yours kinda seems to me a bit changeable by choices made from person to person.
    What do you say?

• @dukeleto said: At LEAST she DID NOT leave you behind with zombies when you need a hand.
    Never mind, I'm not trying to change your ideas. But your list is kinda look "if you side with Kenny" thing to me(except killing Carley/Doug and stealing the RV). But I don't think my list is as depending to choices as yours, hence he was not offering to steal from a car or wasn't leaving you behind to zombies or if he wasn't drinking, with your playthrough?

My examples were not variable according to players' choices, I think. It is Kenny by all means.
    But yours kinda seems to me a bit changeable by choices made from person to person.
    What do you say?

kenny helps you with the zombies if you help him with larry, and there is nothing wrong with saving you own child or having a drink when you had lost your family less than 2 days ago and its not stealing from a car if nobody owns the car

• @thestalkinghead said: kenny helps you with the zombies if you help him with larry, and there is nothing wrong with saving you own child or having a drink when you had lost your family less than 2 days ago

I'm not arguing saving his child, I'm arguing his behaviour after it.
    He saved him but just after it, he got away instead coming back to help!

It is ridicilous to drink if you are sticking with a group. If you are willing to drink, then go somewhere else or leave the group be as Lilly did, then drink how much you like.

What a bro! Ready to help you if you have helped him to kill someone.

"its not stealing from a car if nobody owns the car "...
    This theory is correct when you are on sea (about boats) :)

Nah, never mind. It was a cool chitchat, let's finish this here, I think people got bored.
    All the best with the final episode (and with that d.ckhead :P)

• @dukeleto said: I'm not arguing saving his child, I'm arguing his behaviour after it.
    He saved him but just after it, he got away instead coming back to help!

It is ridicilous to drink if you are sticking with a group. If you are willing to drink, then go somewhere else or leave the group be as Lilly did, then drink how much you like.

What a bro! Ready to help you if you have helped him to kill someone.

Nah, never mind. It was a cool chitchat, let's finish this here, think people got bored :)
    All the best with the final episode (and with that d.ckhead :P)

well i would say drinking is not as bad as murder and checking your child is ok is normal, but i guess that's just my opinion

• @thestalkinghead said: well i would say drinking is not as bad as murder and checking your child is ok is normal, but i guess that's just my opinion

Talking about murders, please check that guy's reaction at around 13:50. Look at the disappointment.------>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJIkyAPhcVs&feature=relmfu

Hahahah, it is marvellous! :D

• @dukeleto said: Talking about murders, please check that guy's reaction at around 13:50. Look at the disappointment.------>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJIkyAPhcVs&feature=relmfu

Hahahah, it is marvellous! :D

is that you again :) i didn't even like lilly before that and i let her back in the RV (i saved doug though) so she threw me out of the RV and stole it

• @thestalkinghead said: is that you again :) i didn't even like lilly before that and i let her back in the RV (i saved doug though) so she threw me out of the RV and stole it

If you were good to her, she suggests you to leave together and then she wants you to go and get Clem, then she steals it.

I mean leaves you to your chance with that train :P

• @dukeleto said: If you were good to her, she suggests you to leave together and then she wants you to go and get Clem, then she steals it.

I mean leaves you to your chance with that train :P

that was just a lie to get you to leave the RV and she lies about knowing your past, so that's a couple of things i left off the list :p

• @thestalkinghead said: that was just a lie to get you to leave the RV and she lies about knowing your past, so that's a couple of things i left off the list :p

Man, don't do this. We were over it. :)

She didn't lie to you because she loves lying. She lied to Lee because she felt guilty for what she has done and she knew that it is no good with this group anymore.
    But I agreed that stealing the RV is a selfish decision.

Try to understand her man. She is totally "broke".(by all means)

Add Comment