User Avatar Image

Hard Christmas time

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 334 users

This will be my first ever Christmas with out my Grandma and its really hard and I know there are a lot of members who have lost someone this past year. So I thought I should make a thread where we could support and or vent our feelings about Christmas when everyone is all :D for the holiday and its hard to show your sad or depressed when ppl are psyched for it.

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Vainamoinen said: Just some guy 2000 years ago who suggested that people could be nice to each other once in a while. Don't worry, they killed him for it.



    And that is the story of Easter!


    or more likely some random pagan festival.

  • @Vainamoinen said: Just some guy 2000 years ago who suggested that people could be nice to each other once in a while. Don't worry, they killed him for it.



    No, they killed him because they saw him as a blasphemer because of what he would say and do. They believed his miracles were just devil magic and the fact that he claimed to be the Messiah meant he had to die for it. The people had their chance to save him, but they didn’t take it. Even Pilate did not want to kill him at first, but he gave in to pressure from the Sanhedrin (Jewish high priests in Jerusalem) and a large bunch of Jewish people who probably just agreed with everything they said. But then again, he knew he was going to die long before the Passion. He knew his mission in life, and some of the last words he said on the cross was “It is accomplished.”

  • @Vainamoinen said: Just some guy 2000 years ago who suggested that people could be nice to each other once in a while. Don't worry, they killed him for it.



    @Vainamoinen said: No, they killed him because they saw him as a blasphemer because of what he would say and do. They believed his miracles were just devil magic and the fact that he claimed to be the Messiah meant he had to die for it. The people had their chance to save him, but they didn’t take it. Even Pilate did not want to kill him at first, but he gave in to pressure from the Sanhedrin (Jewish high priests in Jerusalem) and a large bunch of Jewish people who probably just agreed with everything they said. But then again, he knew he was going to die long before the Passion. He knew his mission in life, and some of the last words he said on the cross was “It is accomplished.”

    Horrible writing. Who comes up with crap like that.

  • @Noname215 said: No, they killed him because they saw him as a blasphemer because of what he would say and do. They believed his miracles were just devil magic and the fact that he claimed to be the Messiah meant he had to die for it. The people had their chance to save him, but they didn’t take it. Even Pilate did not want to kill him at first, but he gave in to pressure from the Sanhedrin (Jewish high priests in Jerusalem) and a large bunch of Jewish people who probably just agreed with everything they said. But then again, he knew he was going to die long before the Passion. He knew his mission in life, and some of the last words he said on the cross was “It is accomplished.”



    Actually, weren't his last words something more like "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit?"

  • I thought his last words were "damn I really should have set Corrie to record before we left. Now I'm going to have to come back on Sunday for the omnibus and wait for the last episode to come up"

  • I'm just in it for the Dr. Who special, honestly.

  • @RetroVortex said: I thought his last words were "damn I really should have set Corrie to record before we left. Now I'm going to have to come back on Sunday for the omnibus and wait for the last episode to come up"



    2000 years ago. I wonder if its when Ken and Deirdre Barlow got married.

  • @Alcoremortis said: Actually, weren't his last words something more like "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit?"



    Umm. Isn't that irrelevant for a fictional character?
    If that thing would have been written today it would include some product placement like "I really wish I'd have a Pepsi and a Marsbar right now.

  • @der_ketzer said: Umm. Isn't that irrelevant for a fictional character?



    No its still important like saying the Tenth Doctors last words where I don't want to leave insted of I don't want to go.

Add Comment