User Avatar Image

Give idea, get story (now with 20% more Haggis!) - Update: Hardback cover book

posted by Haggis on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Hi everyone, I know I haven't been here in, like, forever, but I've got something that may be of interest. Basically, you give me an idea (a subject, setting, a few lines), and I write a story for you!

If you want to get an idea of what I mean, you can find two sample stories (ideas courtesy of SilverWolfPet) here: http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/09/28/introducing-bouffon-stories/

Enjoy, and feel free to ask for a story in this thread! :D

244 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @tbm1986 said: A few typos near the beginning but otherwise yet another outstanding effort. Erm...you weren't trying to do mine at the same time, were you?

Thanks. :) It's always a bit difficult to figure out where things stand with a first draft... so any feedback is welcome, positive (preferably) or negative.

And no, I wasn't trying to tie in your suggestion with this, although I can see how that would work with the rock band. I'll try to think of something sufficiently different for your story, which is three stories away at the moment. (But I've resolved to focus more on writing, so hopefully that'll show in the rate at which I produce new content.)

• Finally another one, I do hope it was worth the wait: http://bouffonbooks.com/2012/11/18/hero/

The reason I took so long was because I've been keeping busy with my upcoming new book, for which I'm running an IndieGoGo campaign that you should all check out! Please. http://www.indiegogo.com/mothered

• So this is what, the third or fourth story I've gotten idea into? In any case, I found it quite funny.

EDIT. Due to the unreasonable attractiveness of your beard, I will be donating to your book as soon as I've got cash to do so. in the meantime, mind if I share it around?

• Very well done on executing what was a very stupid overcomplicated plot guide. I gave it 5 stars because of what you did with it, but if you do choose only the best stories for a chronicle, my advice would be to leave it out. That's just my opinion, though.

• @ted12 said: EDIT. Due to the unreasonable attractiveness of your beard, I will be donating to your book as soon as I've got cash to do so. in the meantime, mind if I share it around?

Thank you, I appreciate it! And please, do share it around! :)

@ted12 said: Very well done on executing what was a very stupid overcomplicated plot guide. I gave it 5 stars because of what you did with it, but if you do choose only the best stories for a chronicle, my advice would be to leave it out. That's just my opinion, though.

Cheers. :) And yeah, I've thought about only having stories in the next anthology that can stand on their own, without the explanation of an underlying prompt.

• Very well done, once again. There was only one typo that I could find. Where you mention putting the hat back on his head, you say hat instead of head. That is all. One for the compendium, methinks.

Is my story next? *leans forward*

• @tbm1986 said: Very well done, once again. There was only one typo that I could find. Where you mention putting the hat back on his head, you say hat instead of head. That is all. One for the compendium, methinks.

Thanks! I just fixed the error. Being a non-native speaker, sometimes I get my homonyms mixed up when I'm not paying enough attention...

Is my story next? *leans forward*

Why, yes, it is. :D I'm looking forward to it myself as well, since it has Jewel Friedman (and thus will be featured in an anthology of its own). Speaking of which, if anyone has any story ideas for her, send them my way!

Add Comment