User Avatar Image

If you could chop off you're arm, would you?

posted by Wrighty on - last edited - Viewed by 461 users

If you had the chance, would you? You and the group go to Vernon's bunker to find it empty. All that is left is a very sharp machete and some bandages. Someone suggests that cutting off you're own arm could slow or even stop the infection and give you more time. Another person suggests that it could do nothing, the infection could have spread to the rest of you're body by now and all it will do is cripple you and make is so much harder to rescue Clem. What do you do?

I think it would be an interesting choice, especially as we have no idea which is the right decision to make. What would you guys do?

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Wrighty said: If you could chop off you are arm, would you??

What?

• Yea, last attempt to save myself who knows maybe it would work everyones different, i would replace my hand with a knife Merle style.

• @Panzer89 said: What?

Wow you really had nothing more to add to this discussion than to point out grammar mistakes? No one likes a grammar nazi

Anyway the general consensus seems to be that they wouldnt chop off their arm because the disease has probably spread and they need both arms to save Clem. But couldnt Lee make it with one arm, if they have the others helping them?

• @Wrighty said: Wow you really had nothing more to add to this discussion than to point out grammar mistakes? No one likes a grammar nazi

You forgot your period. ;)

• @Wrighty said: Wow you really had nothing more to add to this discussion than to point out grammar mistakes? No one likes a grammar nazi

Anyway the general consensus seems to be that they wouldnt chop off their arm because the disease has probably spread and they need both arms to save Clem. But couldnt Lee make it with one arm, if they have the others helping them?

Blood is important to, you know. ;)

• Beginning of episode: YES.

Later in episode: NO WAY.

• Nah. Honestly, it's probably way too late for an amputation and I think that it's better for Clementine and the group if Lee has two hands while he's runnning around trying to get them all out alive. If I'd been offered the chance to do so immediately after Lee got bit, I would have. But, by now, it has to be too late.

• Nope, I'd be no good to Clem if I'm bleeding out and in pain :)

• @Wrighty said: If you had the chance, would you? You and the group go to Vernon's bunker to find it empty. All that is left is a very sharp machete and some bandages. Someone suggests that cutting off you're own arm could slow or even stop the infection and give you more time. Another person suggests that it could do nothing, the infection could have spread to the rest of you're body by now and all it will do is cripple you and make is so much harder to rescue Clem. What do you do?

I think it would be an interesting choice, especially as we have no idea which is the right decision to make. What would you guys do?

Man, I don't know. We all have to die sometime right? Even if Vernon was there having your arm cut off is pretty dangerous and the probability of complications (like bleeding out) are pretty high.

I have no problem sacraficing my life for a friend. I think I'd forgo the amputation to not delay or reduce my chances of finding Clem.

• This would be a fun choice to play around with on a later play through.

Add Comment