User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 6.9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thestalkinghead said: you said he forced us to kill ben

saying and forcing are different, and food will be just about everywhere except places where you have taken all the food, and yes your arguments are ridiculous

He does force you in a way. Because he keeps telling you to kill him. Of course, if you don't, he's not happy with you and he might not even join you later. How's that not forcing you? He always sets some conditions for his loyalty.

As for food, you're wrong. There are almost no safe places left, most either crawling with dead or bandits/other groups.
    Food is one of the hardest things to find, and you making it sounds so easy is just ridiculous.

• @YamiRaziel said:
    Food is one of the hardest things to find, and you making it sounds so easy is just ridiculous.

Besides, if finding food was that easy, I think there might not have been an issue as "rationing". ;)

• @YamiRaziel said: He does force you in a way. Because he keeps telling you to kill him. Of course, if you don't, he's not happy with you and he might not even join you later.

that's debatable,the guy (Kenny) barely said anything,all he did was nod (other playthroughs might have him say something
    I saved ben and Kenny joined me without saying anything.

• If I remember correctly nobody else wanted the responsibility of rationing the food supply.
    Lilly stepped up knowing that it would make her unpopular and a focus of the bitching,grumbling and resentment of other group members.

It's always easier to complain and blame someone else and make them the bad guy/girl rather than step up and take the responsibility yourself,I admired Lilly for accepting and taking on that unpopular duty for herself.

• @FarmerJoe said: If I remember correctly nobody else wanted the responsibility of rationing the food supply.
    Lilly stepped up knowing that it would make her unpopular and a focus of the bitching,grumbling and resentment of other group members.

It's always easier to complain and blame someone else and make them the bad guy/girl rather than step up and take the responsibility yourself,I admired Lilly for accepting and taking on that unpopular duty for herself.

i will admit that if the roles were reversed and and kenny was in the pharmacy with his ass hole controlling dad and lilly had given us a lift in her car with her son and wife (or husband) from the farm, and kenny had been the leader that just sat on top of the rv while me and lilly went of to get supplies and kenny was to scared to move from the motel, i would be team lilly, but i don't think kenny would have done that and that isn't what happened so that isn't how i reacted to lilly and kenny.

and although it was clear that kenny didn't want ben in the group (neither did Christa) when ben wanted us to drop him, kenny simply gave a nod, if you feel like a nod is forcing you to do anything you are a very suggestible person, also there were no immediate consequences to not doing what kenny would have wanted, and if it had been different and we were at the boat and kenny said Lee, Clementine and Ben couldn't get on the boat i would have fought him for it and if he didn't calm down about it i would have left him on the shore and taken the boat, but i don't think that would have happened.

• Me:"Larry quit your bitching".

Larry:"I GOT CHARM OUT MY ASS YOU PANSIE!"
    :P

• Nah, taking two different playthroughs should give you enough coverage to decide. I do agree on "the players are different" argument though. ;)

For me it's just that a lot, or actually most of the points brought up don't carry any logic anymore. It's usually "...oh yeah? But Kenny did this...", which shouldn't matter at all.

Lilly and Kenny both suffer from narzicism which makes them bad leaders. I actually left Kenny behind as the only one, 'cause I couldn't stand his blaming me for some shit that never happened anymore. The only legimate teams I as a player see are either team Lee, if you were to go through the whole game for your own benefit, or "the team", where everyone counts.

• Lilly did a good job of keeping the group safe. While she was leader, we went from pretty much having nothing to having food, water and shelter for over three months. Now look at us. We're what 4 days without her and all about to die. Even a bad hunting day and half an apple to eat is better than this. When was the last time Lee had any food? I bet it was 4 days ago.

If you helped Kenny murder Lilly's father then the consequences of driving Lilly over the edge are your fault as well. There is blood on your hands too. Trying to say Lilly snapped for no reason whatsoever is a failed attempt at removing your guilt in helping all this sadness become a reality. If you think Lilly is a monster then she's a monster that you had a part in making.

Add Comment