User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 40.6K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ribs said: Sgt Benton sings the classics

Heh, that reminds me of the recent Wife in Space podcast where they went to some convention where Benton was doing stand-up and his music. Sue bumped into him by mistake, making him spill his Guinness on his suit and causing him to go ballistic. Luckily they caught it all on tape. Never meet your heroes, I guess. It's all here: http://wifeinspace.com/2012/11/the-davison-years/

By the way, I can heartily recommend that blog for anyone thinking about watching the classic series from the beginning. I'm doing the same right now, and Wife in Space certainly helps with the crappy bits (of which there are many!). I'm at the same point they are at the moment. Just finished up The Twin Dilemma. Only 5 more classic seasons left before I've seen every DW episode ever!

• What the photon?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/20/andrew-cartnel-returns-to-the-doctor-who-masterplan/

http://www.indiegogo.com/ffidw

Andrew Cartmel is apparently to write (or at least edit. Or have some oversight of. Or got his name on) a not-Kickstarter-but-somebody-else's-similar-thing-funded "Fan Fiction Illustrated" magazine to feature Cartmel Masterplan-era seventh Doctor comic strips.

• So I want someone dead right but no one will kill him incase they get arrested (despite the fact I have ppl on my organizations who are memory proof) So I need a suit to control someones actions right! So obviously I need to get a nation wanting to go to the moon to build a space suit no other way to get that stuff check.

Then I need someone in the suit to kill him and not just any someone (even though any someone will do) No I need to steal a baby from the guys best friends and turn it into a time baby (and blow up the universe show in one realty they will shag in space) check.

Then I'll put the person in a lake and hope The Doctor will either randomly go there or hear about his death and decide well I guess I have to!

My God!! The Silence are the most convoluted idiots ever! All there frigging plans are over the top to do simple things! I get the feeling that these guys where hungry one day so got the Earl of Sandwich to make them a sandwich!

• @coolsome said: The Silence are the most convoluted idiots ever! All there frigging plans are over the top to do simple things! I get the feeling that these guys where hungry one day so got the Earl of Sandwich to make them a sandwich!

And then they had to fix the timestream when Edmund Blackadder started the trend of calling them geralds.

• @Alcoremortis said: And then they had to fix the timestream when Edmund Blackadder started the trend of calling them geralds.

It must be true - that very version of Blackadder is mentioned in "The Man in the Velvet Mask".....

• Please stop posting images from that site Coolsome, they don't show up here. I had to upload that image to my Photobucket account and change the link just so people can see it, and I won't do that again.

• @Darth Marsden said: Please stop posting images from that site Coolsome, they don't show up here. I had to upload that image to my Photobucket account and change the link just so people can see it, and I won't do that again.

I used Google images I don't even know what site it came from.

• It's the same one your old Lion King image came from. The one I closed almost immediately.

Add Comment