User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kiel555 said: Lilly did a good job of keeping the group safe. While she was leader, we went from pretty much having nothing to having food, water and shelter for over three months. Now look at us. We're what 4 days without her and all about to die. Even a bad hunting day and half an apple to eat is better than this. When was the last time Lee had any food? I bet it was 4 days ago.

If you helped Kenny murder Lilly's father then the consequences of driving Lilly over the edge are your fault as well. There is blood on your hands too. Trying to say Lilly snapped for no reason whatsoever is a failed attempt at removing your guilt in helping all this sadness become a reality. If you think Lilly is a monster then she's a monster that you had a part in making.

ummm... have you finished episode 3?
    no matter what if you help her or not she still snaps and kills Doug/Carley.

replay episode 3, by that point it's been a week since the St.johns died.
    I side with nobody in the Kenny and Lilly leadership, Lee is a better leader :)

• @Kiel555 said: ...If you helped Kenny murder Lilly's father then the consequences of driving Lilly over the edge are your fault as well. There is blood on your hands too. Trying to say Lilly snapped for no reason whatsoever is a failed attempt at removing your guilt in helping all this sadness become a reality. If you think Lilly is a monster then she's a monster that you had a part in making.

I didn't - sided with Lilly there and screamed at Kenny(screen) for a while for being such an arse. I think people just don't get it. There is no Lilly, or Kenny. There is no bad or good, there is only right and wrong according to the situation you personally face at the moment given. That's why I approved Dukeleto's way of saying that players are different, as they actually feel different about their choices.

I personally know I made a lot of wrong choices looking back, but very few of them actually involved Lilly and Kenny.

• @Kiel555 said: Lilly did a good job of keeping the group safe. While she was leader, we went from pretty much having nothing to having food, water and shelter for over three months. Now look at us. We're what 4 days without her and all about to die. Even a bad hunting day and half an apple to eat is better than this. When was the last time Lee had any food? I bet it was 4 days ago.

If you helped Kenny murder Lilly's father then the consequences of driving Lilly over the edge are your fault as well. There is blood on your hands too. Trying to say Lilly snapped for no reason whatsoever is a failed attempt at removing your guilt in helping all this sadness become a reality. If you think Lilly is a monster then she's a monster that you had a part in making.

kenny and lee may have had a part to play in the crazy of lilly, but you cant blame lilly's actions on anybody but lilly, not everybody would murder someone because they are depressed, and killing larry doesn't cause anything directly apart from killing larry that's is just how things work, blaming kenny/lee for lillys actions is just an excuse not the cause of her acions

• @TheNNerdGamer said: ummm... have you finished episode 3?
    no matter what if you help her or not she still snaps and kills Doug/Carley.

replay episode 3, by that point it's been a week since the St.johns died.
    I side with nobody in the Kenny and Lilly leadership, Lee is a better leader :)

Her father was still murdered right in front of her. The only thing that may be affected is how much blood is on your hands. What was your role and how much of the blame is rightfully yours along with Kenny?

@TheNNerdGamer said: I didn't - sided with Lilly there and screamed at Kenny(screen) for a while for being such an arse. I think people just don't get it. There is no Lilly, or Kenny. There is no bad or good, there is only right and wrong according to the situation you personally face at the moment given. That's why I approved Dukeleto's way of saying that players are different, as they actually feel different about their choices.

I personally know I made a lot of wrong choices looking back, but very few of them actually involved Lilly and Kenny.

Very true. I recognize that when Lilly snapped some of that blood was on my hands too. I initially sided with Kenny and helped undermine Lilly's leadership of the group. My hands are not clean either. But I stopped and tried to help Lilly as best I could early in e2. I too have made some choices that I'd like to change but rewind=lame to me.

@TheNNerdGamer said: kenny and lee may have had a part to play in the crazy of lilly, but you cant blame lilly's actions on anybody but lilly, not everybody would murder someone because they are depressed, and killing larry doesn't cause anything directly apart from killing larry that's is just how things work, blaming kenny/lee for lillys actions is just an excuse not the cause of her acions

I can see how this would appeal to someone who helped murder Larry. Putting all the blame on Lilly does not remove any of the blood on your hands if you helped murder her father.

• @Kiel555 said: Her father was still murdered right in front of her. The only thing that may be affected is how much blood is on your hands. What was your role and how much of the blame is rightfully yours along with Kenny?

sorry I misread your reply :o

Larry was a total asshole,whatever comes out his charming ass... It still looks like shieet, I don't care if that caused Lilly to become paranoid and kill without hesitation, nor kenny's annoying complaints about anything.

BTW: team kenny

• @Kiel555 said:
    I can see how this would appeal to someone who helped murder Larry. Putting all the blame on Lilly does not remove any of the blood on your hands if you helped murder her father.

just because you want to blame everyone but lilly for killing doug and carley it doesn't mean it's true, she killed them nobody else did, i take responsibility for finishing larry of with kenny, so yes blaming the actual person that did it appeals to me, because it is the truth

• @thestalkinghead said: just because you want to blame everyone but lilly for killing doug and carley it doesn't mean it's true, she killed them nobody else did, i take responsibility for finishing larry of with kenny, so yes blaming the actual person that did it appeals to me, because it is the truth

Yes, it is the truth as better as all big holes between the group's affiliation have been made in real by one single shot which was actually Kenny's salty action itself.

• Team Kenny AND Lilly! And we don't need the Lilly fans angering every Kenny fan in this community. Just keep your Kenny hatred to yourself.

• @PatPlaysTWD said: Team Kenny AND Lilly! And we don't need the Lilly fans angering every Kenny fan in this community. Just keep your Kenny hatred to yourself.

Who says so?

I'm asking because you sound like you were giving an order. I generally do like to know people who says what I have to do or not.

• @dukeleto said: Who says so?

I'm asking because you sound like you were giving an order. I generally do like to know people who says what I have to do or not.

I wasn't giving you an order, I was suggesting it. What the post meant is, that you and a couple of other Lilly fans go on threads, and the second somebody mentions Kenny, you (or another person) make a post that mostly goes like this:

"Hurp derp Kenn'y a fucking asshole I hope he dies by anything, mostly lee, I wish Lilly would come back, she's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great, Kenny's a fucking spawn of evil, why did you make him telltale?

P.S. Kenny sucks"

Add Comment