User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FPS based on the TV show, published by Activision

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.5K users

So I just received this in my twitter feed...

I have a bad feeling about this.

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @stevean2 said: Because the toys, merchandise, facebook game and activision's game all had to do with the TV show,
    The comics had to do with what inspired it, so there advertising everything to do with them etc.
    Besides I think when season 2 finished the game only JUST started so therefore its not there fault.

but the activision game isn't even released at all yet. you may be right about the rest but not why it was left out...it was ignored as it wasn't with amc

• @bdawgnit1785 said: but the activision game isn't even released at all yet. you may be right about the rest but not why it was left out...it was ignored as it wasn't with amc

Which is exactly my point. It was left out because it had nothing to do with the TV show, everything else did in someway or the other.
    The comic can be explained as simply having being a inspiration.

• @stevean2 said: Which is exactly my point. It was left out because it had nothing to do with the TV show, everything else did in someway or the other.
    The comic can be explained as simply having being a inspiration.

but afterwards you said it could be because at end of season 2 it had barely come out. but yet they have an ad for a game that comes out about 7 months after season 2 was over. do you see what I'm saying? its left out for brand name reasons not time/release schedules/anything else.

was just trying to make it clear that it was intentionally left out! Not saying they should have had an ad for it (they so should have tho) but they wanted to promote their game (which is ok and fine) but couldn't they advertise for both?? Most twd fans would love this game I believe. and its not like gamers only buy 1 game per year lol:p

• @bdawgnit1785 said: but afterwards you said it could be because at end of season 2 it had barely come out. but yet they have an ad for a game that comes out about 7 months after season 2 was over. do you see what I'm saying? its left out for brand name reasons not time/release schedules/anything else.

was just trying to make it clear that it was intentionally left out! Not saying they should have had an ad for it (they so should have tho) but they wanted to promote their game (which is ok and fine) but couldn't they advertise for both?? Most twd fans would love this game I believe. and its not like gamers only buy 1 game per year lol:p

I was trying to think of other reasons why they could of left it out, note how i say "It simply could be-" Anyway XD I agree with ya :/

• @bdawgnit1785 said: but afterwards you said it could be because at end of season 2 it had barely come out. but yet they have an ad for a game that comes out about 7 months after season 2 was over. do you see what I'm saying? its left out for brand name reasons not time/release schedules/anything else.

I'm sure activison looks at telltale's the walking dead as competition.

• @Jokieman said: Sounds like a bad attempt at an early Resident Evil to me.

Looking over Terminal Reality's list of games that they have developed. I now know two things:

1. I have never wanted to play any of their games.

2. They make a living creating crap games based off of other media. (Ghostbusters, Aeon Flux, Bloodrayne, Blair Witch, Terminal Velocity).

Folks, this is not a company that makes quality games. This is a "We'll buy the right to X movie title and slap it on some crap thing we make and we're guaranteed at least X amount in sales from the kids who get suckered!" kind of company.

Actually, their Ghostbusters game was generally well-reviewed. Their other games, not so much. They're certainly capable of making this into a good game, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Your last paragraph could probably apply to Telltale as well. You don't have to go very far to read about dumb kids buying TWD expecting a shooter and getting a point-and-click. Telltale's also released their share of duds (Jurassic Park, anyone?)

• The Activision game has the potential to be better than TTs game.Don't shoot me,but it does.
    Activison have a lot of money,so they can pump some of it in to make a fantastic game.
    People shouldn't hate because its FP.Remember how pissed you guys get when ignorant asses try to diss TT's Walking Dead because it's a point and click basically?That's basically what you guys are doing.Just because a game is in first person DOES NOT make it a shooter.Portal,Deus Ex and Skyrim are all FP but they are not shooters.
    The survival genre is not a well explored genre,and I have never played one before,and this looks like it will be very entertaining,as it will stick to TWD principles.You can choose to kill everything if you want,or you can go without killing anything.
    SO,the developers don't have the best track record,but neither did TT before all of this.Dont judge

• @Irishmile said: You beat my thread by half a minute LOL merging mine with yours...

Seems like it will be a first person game and based off the TV show more than the comic.. for ME the more the better.. and it will provide an alternate vision of the franchise I will be keeping an eye on this one.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/07/06/first-person-walking-dead-video-game-announced.aspx

Well... No shit it won't be based on the comics since Daryll and his brother isn't even in the comics..

• Any surprise the comic book game is made by Telltale and the TV show game is from Activision :P

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@TheTalkingHead said: The Activision game has the potential to be better than TTs game.Don't shoot me,but it does.

[...]Just because a game is in first person DOES NOT make it a shooter.Portal,Deus Ex and Skyrim are all FP but they are not shooters.

Yeah... it'll be a shooter, axe or no axe. They're calling it a "survival FPS".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWRxxjlydQk

*super-yawn*

Add Comment