User Avatar Image

Episode 5 early PS3 discussion **ENTIRE EPISODE SPOILERS STAY BACK IF YOU HAVENT BEAT

posted by cojemo on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

I decided to open a thread for any of the PS3 gamers who want to talk about it without spoiling for others. again, SPOILERS!

104 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Nathanial said: Is it possible for Lee to not get shot during the fight with Campman?

I didn't get shot in my playthough.

• @Gary Whitta said: Only by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Oh, and I suppose YOU know what you're talking about? :)

• @Billythimble said: I didn't get shot in my playthough.

Right on, just wanted to make sure I juuuust wasn't quick enough. i thought it was a plot device to completely sentence Lee, if you did cut his arm off.

• It was so short, but I understand why it was that short. Longer would have removed the sense of urgency and making the point of how little time Lee had.

I wished Lee would have told Clem that he loved her, though I told her that I'll miss her and when I did, I wept like a baby (I was already crying, though). Clementine wasn't my absolute favorite character but in those moments I just wanted to hug her so bad and hold her close and do my best to take care of her, more than any moment in the entire series so far.

I also cried when Kenny kind of sacrificed himself for Christa. His words when he finished helping her up and stayed down...I fucking loved Kenny. He could've been a jerk every now and then, but we always patched things up and apologized and I knew he was hurt and GOD. I was in total denial and hoped that he had escaped, but... ):

The person on the radio was...a bit unexpected and maybe a bit underwhelming? (in my opinion) I expected someone else. Though I also think it was interesting how it was the person you'd least expect would come after you. I'm not sure, I'm mixed. It put me a bit off that he tells you that he wasn't looking for vengeance and then tries to kill you, I would've liked it to have been either one solid. The bag part was so creepy.

I'll miss Lee so much. While he was saying his goodbyes, I was crying mainly for the fact that I was going to miss the character who has become my favorite protagonist out of any game. I'm going to miss Lee Everett.

Oh, and I chose to chop off Lee's arm. The whole thing with Kenny was settled calmly. I didn't kill the stranger because...it just didn't feel right despite the fact that he wanted to kill me. I couldn't bring myself to do it, so Clem did it. I lied at first but then gave in my weapons. I had Clem shoot me because it gave much more closure.

Words can't express how much I enjoyed and loved this series overall. It's left so unclear who those figures in the epilogue are, but I really hope it's Christa and Omid and that they're okay. Christa is pregnant and I really grew to love them both in this episode and I know they'll take good care of Clementine. Hope we get some stuff on Season 2 at the beginning of next year, maybe around Spring? Can't wait.

• @Ghus90 said: Same question... no walkers noticed???? hard to believe :S

you REALLY want me to tell you?

• Was where you told Christa and Omid to meet you and where Clem to go change how the ending was where she saw 2 people in the distance?

For me I told Christa and Omid to find me and Clem, I then told Clem to stay away from cities. And I told Christa and Omid that we should go towards the country side. Well for me Clem was out in what looked like the country and saw 2 people on a hill.

• @Nathanial said: Right on, just wanted to make sure I juuuust wasn't quick enough. i thought it was a plot device to completely sentence Lee, if you did cut his arm off.

Did Billythimble get his arm cut off? I shot him, but I had both arms.

• Congrats Telltale, you've made a grown man cry. Fuck you. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

• @Natalie1213 said: It was so short, but I understand why it was that short. Longer would have removed the sense of urgency and making the point of how little time Lee had.

This is a good point. Even though the episode was so short, there were still moments, like on the hospital roof and in the attic, when I was yelling at the TV, "What are you all doing standing around?! Clem is out there!"

Add Comment