User Avatar Image

The End: For those who has completed the game;)

posted by dukeleto on - last edited - Viewed by 508 users

Hi,
I know it is a bit early for this thread, but the end is near.
Since I'm very curious about others' success, I'd like to open this threat for people who may want to share their endings with others.

If you'd like to attend the chitchat, please share how the story ended for your characters, here tomorrow!
And if you haven't played it yet, don't take a look at below!

And maybe with this, we can prevent ourselves from learning ANY kinds of spoiler from all around the thread. It's much safer and it has much respect, huh?

I'm playing the last episode as soon as it is released hence I am not going for working tomorrow!
I wish good luck to everyone, as well.
Are we ready?

!ATTENTION! For those who hasn't completed the game, there may be ULTRA MEGA MAJOR spoilers ahead!!!

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Christoaster said: Okay, I want to know what happens if you cross the sign first before Christa and Omid. Does Lee still fall?

yes and he tells them to go find another way to whichever one of the four choices you picked.

• @george1120 said: yes and he tells them to go find another way to whichever one of the four choices you picked.

Did Lee make the sign break? Or did he slip and fall? I mean Lee isn't THAT fat. :p

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: The group comes across a big, dark, gaping hole in a roof. Kenny accidentally knocks the radio into it. Christa jumps in after it but they can't reach her to pull her back up. So Kenny jumps down and boosts her up, then zombies come and he's overrun.

...it's pretty ambiguous though. He backs further into the room, out of sight, and you hear him yelling and firing his gun and then you hear it stop. You never see him die.

Which I find...suspicious.

Have you ever seen a movie when they don't even show the actual violence, and it makes it feel worse than seeing it? I think that was Telltale's aim. It was..awful. I replayed the scene...hoping maybe I could save Kenny (in mine Ben is still alive) but it was worse the second time around. Kenny locked the gate so you couldn't stop him no matter how much you tried. It sucked... :(

• @MoonFaerieJen said: Have you ever seen a movie when they don't even show the actual violence, and it makes it feel worse than seeing it? I think that was Telltale's aim.

Maybe. And maybe it seemed like that in that version, I haven't played it yet. But in the Kenny scene that I got, that's not how it felt. It was more of a, "Wait...what just happened?" feel.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: But that's the point. The main antagonist wasn't some incredibly twisted maniac (though talking to his wife was twisted), he was a calm, rational, normal guy who's name you never even know.

You always expect the bad guy to be someone like the St. Johns who, let's face it, we're probably pretty messed up in the first place. But this guy? He was just a normal guy. In fact, before everything went down, he seemed like he was a better man than Lee even was. This is what losing everything did to him. I think that's a lot more interesting, and a lot more disturbing, than just some evil lunatic. This guy could have been anybody.

Exactly, I agree as well. It would be pretty lame if it was some psychotic guy...as crazy as Crawford is, they made some sense no matter how cold their methods were.

The Stranger is supposed to make you question everything you did, everything you ever thought was right. You thought, or Lee thought, this guy was a monster really. And then when you see him he looks normal..and you, look at you covered in blood and guts YOU look like the monster. He doesn't even want to search you because he doesn't want to touch you. The stranger's motives are based on the loss of his family because of the 'good' choice you and/or your group had by stealing from his car. Its quite ironic, because the man blames you for his family's death and wants revenge, and you (may) want revenge for him stealing the child that's closest to family you've got now.
    Had Clem not gone missing, you wouldn't be no different than the Stranger if you sought out Vernon for stealing the boat like Kenny wanted. Its just as Christa said, Vernon just trying to survive and its nothing personal..a bit douchey, just like stealing from that car. It was nothing personal, but it fucked the other party.

It was all well done really.

• @Christoaster said: Did Lee make the sign break? Or did he slip and fall? I mean Lee isn't THAT fat. :p

well christa made it fall, same applied with lee. Lee could even be heavier than Christa. With Lee's side, the thing was probably more loose.

• @Christoaster said: Did Lee make the sign break? Or did he slip and fall? I mean Lee isn't THAT fat. :p

He gets across and the sign just collapses. You grab onto the railing and make it across. Then you're faced with four options on what Omid and Christa should do (I believe one is "..." I don't recall). After that, Lee climbs down and enters the horde. Best scene of the game, in my opinion. The horde part, that is, not the climbing down. :D

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: He gets across and the sign just collapses. You grab onto the railing and make it across. Then you're faced with four options on what Omid and Christa should do (I believe one is "..." I don't recall). After that, Lee climbs down and enters the horde. Best scene of the game, in my opinion. The horde part, that is, not the climbing down. :D

I know right! I wish they had a miny game where you can just go through hoardes of zombies like that killing them. Would be fun as FUCK .

• I don't know if people want to possibly watch my whole gameplay but I'll put a link to it anyways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYJi5DR_2A&feature=plcp

Did anyone else shed a tear...? I did..

• I made Clementine shoot Lee.I felt bad about it...I felt REALLY bad about it.

Add Comment