User Avatar Image

Secret conversation with "Campman" spoilers

posted by george1120 on - last edited - Viewed by 472 users

Before I begin, I just realised that the name campman comes from him being the camp man. Get it?


Also, when he asked if I thought he was crazy and I said yes, his responses were different from my previous playthrough when I said no. He claimed I fed Clementine human meat (Mark's legs) even though on my save file it never happened (I copied my first save file to my last two with only the last two episodes different from the rest.) Yet Lee acknowledged it as if it was the truth. I don't know why, maybe Telltale didn't think that through.


Now to begin, if you tell him that you hurt someone by responding with a yes, he will ask who. Say the wife. He will then ask how. Say I did a lot of things. Then it will reveal Lee's backstory. Apparently he always wanted kids. His wife was always working and she got mad when Lee wanted to settle down with her. Apparently they were never the same again. When he had a sick day off from teaching school, he goes home to see her with that man.


So, that's it. Apparently that guy Lee cut his guts open with the knife is Ben. Doesn't seem far off from the truth.

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: ...what car?

    the bandits were talking to jolene and she was recording from inside a car.

  • @george1120 said: Before I begin, I just realised that the name campman comes from him being the camp man. Get it?


    Also, when he asked if I thought he was crazy and I said yes, his responses were different from my previous playthrough when I said no. He claimed I fed Clementine meat even though my save file it never happened (I copied my first save file to my last two with only the last two chapters different from the rest.) Yet Lee acknowledged it as if it was the truth. I don't know why, maybe Telltale didn't think that through.


    Now to begin, if you tell him that you hurt someone by responding with a yes, he will ask who. Say the wife. He will then ask how. Say I did a lot of things. Then it will reveal Lee's backstory. Apparently he always wanted kids. His wife was always working and she got mad when Lee wanted to settle down with her. Apparently they were never the same again. When he had a sick day off from teaching school, he goes home to see her with that man.


    So, that's it. Apparently that guy Lee cut his guts open with the knife is Ben. Doesn't seem far off from the truth.

    Yeah, that Clem eating the meat thing happened to me, as well, and I know I stopped her on this play-through. Lee's back story seemed rather silly, to me, at least how he explained it. Man wants family. Seems legit. Woman didn't? Sure. Why not? Woman sleeps with other man.... Huh? You lost me. I don't see how conflicting desires can ruin a relationship like that. Usually people just move on. Sounds like they just wanted to throw some "filler" in there and be done with it.

    On that note, the walker in the hallways isn't Ben. If you notice, walking through the horde, you'll see that same walker model, wandering around out there. It's just a filler Walker. :) Look at Brie's walker, she looks like Brie when she climbs through the window. I would think they'd do the same for Ben's character, for emotional effect. :P

  • @george1120 said: the bandits were talking to jolene and she was recording from inside a car.

    Jolene drops the camera and all you see is the underside of...something. I'm not even convinced it's a car. And you certainly don't see enough to tell if it's Campman's car.

  • @Dead_Man_Walking said: Yeah, that Clem eating the meat thing happened to me, as well, and I know I stopped her on this play-through. Lee's back story seemed rather silly, to me, at least how he explained it. Man wants family. Seems legit. Woman didn't? Sure. Why not? Woman sleeps with other man.... Huh? You lost me. I don't see how conflicting desires can ruin a relationship like that. Usually people just move on. Sounds like they just wanted to throw some "filler" in there and be done with it.

    On that note, the walker in the hallways isn't Ben. If you notice, walking through the horde, you'll see that same walker model, wandering around out there. It's just a filler Walker. :) Look at Brie's walker, she looks like Brie when she climbs through the window. I would think they'd do the same for Ben's character, for emotional effect. :P

    that walker was confirmed to be brie though.

  • @george1120 said: that walker was confirmed to be brie though.

    I wasn't arguing that, I was just saying that if it were Ben's character, I would think the walker they saw in the hallway would look like Ben, as Brie's did. :P

  • It wasn't Ben. It didn't have Ben's face and it wasn't wearing Ben's clothes. Besides, in my play-through, Ben got dropped from the top of a bell tower and broke his legs and wasn't in any position to walk anywhere.

  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: It wasn't Ben. It didn't have Ben's face and it wasn't wearing Ben's clothes. Besides, in my play-through, Ben got dropped from the top of a bell tower and broke his legs and wasn't in any position to walk anywhere.

    Even if you saved him (I did :D) he gets impaled after he tried to jump from a roof.

  • @Dead_Man_Walking said: Yeah, that Clem eating the meat thing happened to me, as well, and I know I stopped her on this play-through. Lee's back story seemed rather silly, to me, at least how he explained it. Man wants family. Seems legit. Woman didn't? Sure. Why not? Woman sleeps with other man.... Huh? You lost me. I don't see how conflicting desires can ruin a relationship like that. Usually people just move on. Sounds like they just wanted to throw some "filler" in there and be done with it.

    Lee wasn't going to tell EVERY single detail to the Stranger. When Lee wanted a family and his wife didn't, he never mentioned at what point in the relationship it was. It could have been the beginning of their unravelling communication, or during its last legs, but discovering her cheating would have definitely been the final turning point.

Add Comment