User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.2K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I would absolutely love to see the next season be a chronology of Clem when we see her mature into a fully grown woman and how growing up in the Walking Dead world has shaped her life.

• @The_Cheshire_Cat said: If that happen they would have to make her sexual in some way.

It's like you can't have a damn women character without her bust out and half nude.

I would hate to see that as Clem. Seeing how we all knew her as a little girl, and then to see her as a young blossomed women, with blood running down her bosom and leather boots on her toned yet feminine Carmel colored legs. The thought of her kinky hair with specks of grass and leaves in it due to her rolling on the ground with zombies and the innocent look in her eye that gives way to hardened determination.

No....No..that's just not the Clem I know. Not in short adventure shorts a-la- Laura Croft. I guess she would be like a "ebony" version of Laura Croft...so she would have a bit of a "trunk" and that would be allright...but I tell you what gentlemen. I wouldn't be able to stop seeing a 8 year old girl in that woman.

She will always be my little Clementine.

Remember the game is set in the same universe as the comics. Clementine was 8 at the start of the apocalypse as was Carl. The game can't be set years later because it would be ahead of the comics. In the comics Carl has missed 1 birthday so he is 9. The key factor behind the game was that we saw the world Rick Grimes was living from the perspective of other survivors so the story would be fresh but still authentic. If anything season 2 would probably bring the game 1 year forward so it is after the events of the governor story arc and at the same point in time as Rick's story in the comics but set else where. That's assuming season 2 will be the last one. In the walking dead Rick and Co have only experienced 1 winter sofar which started before they got to the prison. I think the comics will always be set ahead and inspire what we see in the TV series and the game because it is the source material for both so I don't think Clem will be older than 9 when we see her again or it would be like an alternate walking dead in the way that Smallville is an alternate version of the superman comic universe since the game world's calender would be further on than the comics which I can't see happening unless telltale take the game in a different direction, which would make it less authentic.

• Omid. It will about his story with Christa all the way to them being on the hill. People disagree with me because he is kind of a wimp, but the five episodes in season two could show him getting stronger etc

• @DatDude said: 1. Female Lead
    2. Implement season taking place during the narrative (seasons like winter, fall, spring be shown, changing the mood and atmosphere)
    3. More horror (silent creepy moments. Ex. Walking in a hallway and seeing a crib rock back and forth with no one being there).

Uh, sorry to bum you out, but there's zero chance if your number 3 being in season 2, it's the walking dead, not the haunting dead.

• @Marksman1572 said: I would absolutely love to see the next season be a chronology of Clem when we see her mature into a fully grown woman and how growing up in the Walking Dead world has shaped her life.

I don't think that would happen because then the game would be set further in time from the comics. In the comics Carl is still only 9 so for Clem to be older would cause the game to loose it's authenticity cause then it would be more like a what if comic issue than truely being part of the comics universe which it was always intended to be. The comics will always be set ahead and inspire what we see in the TV series and the game because it is the source material for both. Even Telltale referred to the comics as being like the sun and the tv show and game being surrounding planets. The comic will be the main inspiration for both mediums so I can't see the game jumping ahead in time beyond where we are in Rick's calander.

• @AustinU25 said: Uh, sorry to bum you out, but there's zero chance if your number 3 being in season 2, it's the walking dead, not the haunting dead.

you read my mind, I was just about to say the exact same thing, haha.

• I don't think he is a wimp at all. Right after you meet them he already saves Lee one time and reaches out for the Truck with the only security being Lee holding his hand. He doesn't act like a badass, but you can surely count on him when it matters. I'm not really sure if you really play one of them though. Perhaps you'll start off with another character and join them.

• @Crusher87 said: I don't think he is a wimp at all. Right after you meet them he already saves Lee one time and reaches out for the Truck with the only security being Lee holding his hand. He doesn't act like a badass, but you can surely count on him when it matters.

I guess he is a very entertaining character, though.

• I don't think that you will play as Omid. If you play one of the season 1 characters than Christa would fit much more for this. Just because of the fact that she has much more of a leader than Omid and I think it would destroy the gameplay if you play Clem. ('cause she is just 9) Anyway we will see, maybe there is no Omid/Christa in season 2, who knows?

• so is everyone sure that it is christa and omid on the hill

Add Comment