User Avatar Image

The Last Choice [SPOILERS!]

posted by GoFigure on - last edited - Viewed by 918 users

Ok, so

I'm talking about the choice to prevent Lee from turning or not.

My choice in my first playthrough was to make Clem leave Lee behind, handcuffed.

Reasoning:
- Secure option. Lee is handcuffed, couldn't make any harm unless someone went hugging him after reanimation.
- No point to waste a bullet. Resources are pretty scarce.
- No point to risk the noise, as Lee pointed it out.

Plus! I didn't want to make Clem to shoot people she (probably?) viewed as her family. Not when theres another option. No matter how smart and mature she is for her age. No matter how much I want her to grow up fast in the world gone to Z.

I was little surprised to notice that most people didn't pick the same option. Last I checked the ratio was 33-67. I'd like to hear why people did end up picking the option to kill Lee.

I'm not trying to provoke anybody or say your choice was wrong. Just want to hear why people pick... what they picked.

P.S. Damn cliffhangers.

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did the same. My philosophy in these situations is always to conserve bullets. I approach a potential zombie apocalypse scenario the way Max Brooks advises in his books "The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z". Keeping well stocked with supplies and ammo is paramount, as is keeping unwarranted noise to a minimum. At one moment I actually thought Clem was going to shoot Lee anyway, which I would have been fine with. But playing Lee, I tried to be as rational as I could.

• the same with Kenny and Duck

I didn't want him to kill Duck so I didn't want Clem to kill Lee

• @Matt7895 said: Snippety.

I really have to get those books sometime.

Can't say I was rational the whole game though. For example, I did not steal from the station wagon but not before I put some serious thought in it.

• I had Clem shoot me because I wanted to teach her one last lesson. That sometimes you are going to have to do things you really don't want to in order to survive.

To me that was worth a bullet.

• @voteDC said: I had Clem shoot me because I wanted to teach her one last lesson. That sometimes you are going to have to do things you really don't want to in order to survive.

If Clem is good enough to kill the living shit out of the radio guy I am sure she is more than capable of defending her self if required

• @voteDC said: I had Clem shoot me because I wanted to teach her one last lesson. That sometimes you are going to have to do things you really don't want to in order to survive.

Understood. But I believe the same lesson can be derived from the decision to make her leave Lee's side. Plus, I don't think she really wanted those zombie-guts to be smeared on her either.

I wouldn't personally put her at more risk just to teach her a lesson she probably knows already.

• @Chanut_N said: If Clem is good enough to kill the living shit out of the radio guy I am sure she is more than capable of defending her self if required

It's different hurting someone you don't know than it is people you know and care for.

At some point she could find herself in a 'Larry' situation and I don't want her to hesitate because she's been travelling with them.

@Chanut_N said: Understood. But I believe the same lesson can be derived from the decision to make her leave Lee's side. Plus, I don't think she really wanted those zombie-guts to be smeared on her either.

I wouldn't personally put her at more risk just to teach her a lesson she probably knows already.

I can understand your point of view but for me it was a lesson she needed to learn, she needed to pull that trigger and know that Lee wasn't getting back up like her parents.

• I thought it'd be therapeutic for Clementine to shoot Lee. I had spent the whole game trying to shield her from everything terrible in this world, but as I lay handcuffed and dying, I knew I couldn't do so anymore. I also thought it would give her a better sense of closure with her relationship with Lee, and she'll never have to think of him as a walker.

• Yes, I can understand it would be a good lesson on growning up. Therapeutic euthanasia (two words I've never used in a row!). But at this point I can only repeat myself.

1. reference case - Duck.
    2. reference case - walker attacking Molly
    3. reference case - The kidnapper/vengeful-station-wagon-guy

So she has already mastered the art of shooting things to the head, people and walkers alike. No lessons there.

I think, at least in Ducks case, she knows that sometimes you have to put loved ones down before they turn but only when it's absolutely necessary (hey, that's a lesson too! :o). I don't see much benefit in a practical lesson, not when theres risks and options.

• @Chanut_N said: If Clem is good enough to kill the living shit out of the radio guy I am sure she is more than capable of defending her self if required

Wait, what? Lee killed him in my file... how does Clem do it? Is it because you gave up your weapons?

Add Comment