User Avatar Image

Episode 5 Disappointment (vent here) **SPOILERS**

posted by MaroubraDave on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users

Telltale,
Firstly i would like to say great game and a fantastic concept. However the ending i would say is not so great. While it is very well made and certainly tugs at your heart strings, I didn't play the game and wait for the ending only to find out i die anyway... Now i know people may argue that you didn't see lee actually turn so maybe he will be ok, but the fact you left it this way is really a let down to the series. I was really looking forward to the last episode but in all honesty it just brought me down and i kinda wish i stopped playing at episode 4. :confused: There should be an alternative ending where you can at least live... Just my opinion.

407 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @aguyuno said: Yeah,. sorry, the contest winner. You're right. I forget her name but that's who I meant. Not andrea.

Brie.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: ...you defeated the villain, you saved someone by sacrificing yourself, you finished your story. By YOUR own criteria, you've accomplished a lot.

I DON'T think you need to accomplish something by the end of a game for it to be a good game, but I disagree that you haven't accomplished anything by the end of this one.

I never said that this ending didn't work? I think you think that I am the same guy you responded to. What I was pointing out was that what you said about it being a ZA so you didn't have to accomplish anything was wrong, nothing else.

As I've said before, my problem with the game was the lack of meaningful choices.

• The story is amazing! but what happened to clem when she went off to wait for the 2 others at the railroad!? I waited until after the credits for some closure... I almost feel emotionally hurt that I don't know if she is okay... Why!? and is there going to be more!? Whats going on!?

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: For the journey, not the ending. Some of the greatest stories ever told have tragic, hopeless endings. Should Romeo and Juliet have lived happily ever after? Should Gatsby have won the love of his life? This was a hopeless story from the very beginning (if you didn't think so, you've never read or watched The Walking Dead) and the fact that Lee managed to find any redemption by the end is an accomplishment.

It's not a game you win.

A book is not interactive, a game is. If you don't want the recipient of your story to accomplish anything other than taking in the story, write a book, make a movie, draw a comic, but you don't make a game.

I'm not talking about a happy ending with Lee and Clem living happily ever after, but at least you should know, that Clem is save, if only for the time being. That would still give you room for a sequel, but you would feel, that Lee at least brought her thus far. Now she will die in one or two days as far, as we know (let alone, that we never saw how she got out of the city).

• i left lee intact as i figured having a hand missing was basically making the game harder lol but later on i'll try it to seee the difference.

since cod has come on the scene and other 'you won' game endings people expect it and like that pat on the back...

war isn't something you win, you survive or make sure the other side loses more, a ZA is the same, you are outnumbered, out of your depth, in the shit....

all you can do is survive or punch your own ticket and give up.. either way you will lose maybe your friends / family first then your humanity then your sanity..

• Watch until after the credits she gets out and is waiting for the 2 others. (As long as you said to the others to meet you by the railroad that is.)

• @Gerudan said: A book is not interactive, a game is. If you don't want the recipient of your story to accomplish anything other than taking in the story, write a book, make a movie, draw a comic, but you don't make a game.

Disagree but ok.

I'm not talking about a happy ending with Lee and Clem living happily ever after, but at least you should know, that Clem is save, if only for the time being. That would still give you room for a sequel, but you would feel, that Lee at least brought her thus far. Now she will die in one or two days as far, as we know (let alone, that we never saw how she got out of the city).

But she is safe for the time being. At least as safe as anybody can be in that world. She made it out of the city, she's not surrounded by walkers. You're assuming for some reason that she's going to starve to death but she's already shown herself to be very capable. She'll be able to find food just as easily as any other character would.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Disagree but ok.

But she is safe for the time being. At least as safe as anybody can be in that world. She made it out of the city, she's not surrounded by walkers. You're assuming for some reason that she's going to starve to death but she's already shown herself to be very capable. She'll be able to find food just as easily as any other character would.

She is in the middle of nowhere and if she is safe, as you claim, SHOW it. The last we see of her, is she widening her eyes in fear, that's how safe she is.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Disagree but ok.

I agree with this. As far as we know those two figures were Christa and Omid, and even if they're not, by now, Clem's capable of taking care of herself to some degree. Not for months upon months, but a few hours, a day or so? That's not big of a stretch.

• @Gerudan said: She is in the middle of nowhere and if she is safe, as you claim, SHOW it.

I can't for the life of me figure out exactly what it is you wanted to see. Could you maybe elaborate a little? Because as far as the Walking Dead goes, Clem was safe the last time we saw her, though granted the two mysterious figures does put up a question mark but that's a hook for season two...nothing wrong with that.

Add Comment