User Avatar Image

How have save file glitches affected your experience?

posted by stindo on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

See poll

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    lurchibald BANNED

It's ruined it, Here's my problem, I start up The Walking Dead via steam and click on 'play' it then shows me my list of saves, However, I clicked on 'play' in episode 5 and it came with the pop-up "If you choose to skip the last episode all your choices will be made automatically", so I figure I just didn't fully finish Episode 4 so I click on continue, finish the small bit left (Though I'm sure I had finished it before) and get returned to the menu, I then click on 'play' and it shoots all the way to Episode 5... except now it says "Coming Soon" where it said "Play" before, I click on the "Coming Soon" button and the list of episodes pops up saying each episode is installed... Except for Episode 5! regardless of the fact that moments before (Before I finished replaying the last of episode 4) that same list stated that ALL 5 Episode were installed.

Seriously, Don't Telltale have QA testers? or is their QA team simply staffed by lemmings?

• Well this game has actually been more of a pain in the ass than anything. I am a huge fan of the comic books and shows so when i first heard about a Walking Dead adventure game i was completely overwhelmed with excitement. It is an amazing game but it is inexcusable that Ive had my saves erased due to corruption twice now. I played through two times and lost everything when the second episode came out and had to replay. Then as the end of the fourth episode was drawing near the same shit happened. So now if i wanna see what happens at the end i have to play through 8 hours of stuff that Ive already had to start over twice, and i do multiple playthroughs so its even more than that. Some may think thats not a problem but it is when my desire to play through everything again is completely hindered by the fact that on multiple playthroughs this game becoms extremely boring. It's like reading a book getting to the last 20 pages then starting over 6 times in a row. I didnt pay 20 bucks to keep having everything erased and then have the people at telltale say "hey just start at the 5th episode it randomly generates your choices." I didn't pay 20 bucks to have the game craft the story for me. If its supposed to be a personal experience then even suggesting this is just a slap in the face. There isnt even the option of say starting at episode 5 and selecting some of the bigger decisions from a list so you dont have to play through 8 hours just to see what happens in the final 2. All in all just pissed by the lack of answers and the seemingly "oh well our bad" attitude at tell tale.

• this happened to me on episode 4...all of my saves lost on the PS3. Sorry to hear that this happened to you guys on this episode. Way to get your shit together TT. If you guys had any integrity you refund your customers money.

• I'm really glad I decided to wait until all five episodes were out before I start my playthrough. Now I get to spend one entire glorious weekend playing from start to finish :cool:

• @nOmArch said: I'm really glad I decided to wait until all five episodes were out before I start my playthrough. Now I get to spend one entire glorious weekend playing from start to finish :cool:

why would you post that in this thread? good luck with that by the way....hopefully by the time you get to episode five it doesn't delete all your saves

• Yea seems like they would somehow be good enough at their jobs to not let 3 out of the 5 episodes released completely fuck up your game. Since day 1 they have been horrible at keeping the fans posted not only about release dates but also save corruptions details. At the end of the day seems like making a quality well running game came 2nd to taking 20 bucks from millions of people.

• I played the game on my desktop Mac, yeah? When I started up 3 save files, the game erased all of them and kept glitching with the saves. I had to then use my laptop to download Steam and play the rest of the episodes there.

• I haven't played Ep 5 yet and I won't until these bugs are fixed. After having everything wiped during Ep 4, I'm extremely unhappy and not willing to replay everything again.

• @Ninnuendo said: I haven't played Ep 5 yet and I won't until these bugs are fixed. After having everything wiped during Ep 4, I'm extremely unhappy and not willing to replay everything again.

thats a smart call...I've just read its been xbox users effect, but last time it happend for me was episode 4 on my second play through...so the glitch is out there.

• @mkane24 said: why would you post that in this thread?

Because I'm a lovely little hobbit like figure spreading love and joy wherever I go :) :D :p :rolleyes:

good luck with that by the way....hopefully by the time you get to episode five it doesn't delete all your saves

As all the trouble seems to stem from installing new episodes into an ongoing game I doubt I will and in any case I will be backing up my saves between episodes so if it does happen it won't inconvenience me for long.

Add Comment