User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead episode 5 and entire game REVIEW thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 6.3K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about the last episode and concluding thoughts about the Season right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODES!!!

(poll rates the whole game, not just episode 5)

278 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • hi, i just finished episode 5. wow after finishing i was sitting a couple minutes in front of my screen and thought about what happened before.

for me episode 5 was after episode 3 the most schocking one.

in this episode you have to do a lot of decisions. i am wondering if they all matters?

does it help to cut off lee´s arm? i did´t think so, so i didn´t cut his arm of. did anyone play it twice and can say what difference it makes?

and can you save kenny? or will he die in the radio-sequnce at any costs?
    does it matter if you say omid and crista that they should search for a boat, a train or just leave the city?

so many questions. i hope they don´t let us wait to long for season two!

and does anyone else have the problem with the chapter 8 achievement? i did finish the game inclusive the scene after the credits and still i don´t have the achivement for finishing the game.

• I didn't get the last achievement either. I decided to cut Lee's arm (it felt a bit unconfortable) and the symptoms stopped until almost the end of the episode. He was bitten again during the 300 (zombies) part, but I don't know if it was scripted or if I messed up. I believe if you don't take Ben with you he won't fall, so Kenny doesn't have to mercy kill him and die in the process.

• @XicoFelipe said: I didn't get the last achievement either. I decided to cut Lee's arm (it felt a bit unconfortable) and the symptoms stopped until almost the end of the episode. He was bitten again during the 300 (zombies) part, but I don't know if it was scripted or if I messed up. I believe if you don't take Ben with you he won't fall, so Kenny doesn't have to mercy kill him and die in the process.

on no. i hadn´t ben in my group. kenny died by saving crista.
    hm i think the infection has already spread around his whole body. think its kind of useless to cut his arm of, isn´t it?

and in the "3002 scene i wasn´t bitten.

• I just don't know what the fuck. Yeah. 10. But I just don't know what happened.

• I enjoyed every episode, my favorite being 2, least favorite (that is to say the one that was least awesome) was 4.

Five was a satisfactory ending, it was very well done. I never experienced the technical issues that others have with any episode, 5 included.

Overall, I really liked all the tough decisions throughout the season, most of them were pretty impacting, though some turned into "well what the hell was the point of that" type decisions.

With the year almost over, and having played the major contenders for GOTY, I can say, personally, this game would get my vote. This is one of the greatest storytelling achievements in gaming, and the guys and gals at Telltale should be very proud. Thanks for sharing such an amazing experience with me. I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with.

• For me a whole 10, I just LOVED this season and the game :) It might be hard to top that for the 2nd season, but with such low budget & the big name "The Walking Dead" at project had many people say: "Nahhhh, that will not work". But all of you guys did it and that so well.

Thanks TellTale and also Gary Whitta for that awesome ride in that half year, it was like a rollercoaster... I felt the up & downs like I would be a member from the group.

• @savi said: It's weird, I enjoyed the game more than the TV show...Maybe because I'm in direct control and feel more intimate with it rather than just watching it...Although if they did make this a television show I still think it'd get to me more than The Walking Dead that's currently airing.

Yes that is Wird... But I felt the same way:)

• I cried. That's about all I have to say.

Bravo, Telltale.

• Omg, I can't believe Lee died! I thought he was a surviver! So stupid the way he got bit too! Cause zombies are attracted to sound, so if Clem and her captor went by and dropped the walkie there that zombie would have heard them.. he would have been trying to follow Clem and her captor or trying to check out the sound coming from the walkie... unless he was dumb deaf and blind, but he sure jumped out pretty fast when I reached down to grab it! And I tried to tell dumby Lee to look under that damn board before I got that walkie but I still got bit D: I wish I could have told Lee to cut his hand off right away, instead of him waiting until the virus had obviously already spread... and why would they just leave those surgical supplies? That's dumb, they wouldn't leave supplies like that. There were more silly things I was going to point out, but I can't remember them all now. Besides the silly stuff, and besides being pissed that Ben didn't get a chance to really redeem himself before falling to his death, and being pissed that Kenny didn't just shoot Ben in the head with that last bullet and come with me to help save Clem, and besides being pissed and sad that Lee died, it was a good episode.

I didn't leave anyone with the boat cause I didn't think anyone was gonna steal the damn thing! I thought it'd be better to have the whole group with me! And I figured it was Vernon and his group that took Clemmy! Boy was I wrong! Taking that food in episode 2 DID come back to bite us in the ass!

I will definitely be playing this episode through again. I wonder what happens if I leave someone with the boat?

I'm kinda really excited for season two now cause I know I raised Clem up good.. and now that I'm thinking about it's kinda really well done.. the whole first season is you raising up Clem, teaching her lessons and stuff, then season two will probably be played as Clem, using all the skills and lessons that Lee taught her in season one. That'd be really cool anyways!

I feel so bad for Ben :( I wish I could have saved him.

I really hope that was Christa and Omid walking out yonder at the very very end clip! I wonder what happens if I tell them to find us when they get down, or to meet us at the other place (I told them to meet us at the train).

I shall play through again tonight!

• I was almost in tears.. could those people be omid and christa?

Add Comment