User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 16.6K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @tharrone said: can someone remind me of any unanswered questions i have missed
    1.what happened to lilly
    2.what happened to molly
    3.did ben or kenny survive the allyway (not likely)
    4.was it christa and omid on the hill (and why were they and clem in the country?)
    5.why did vernon and his group go aggresive and were did they go
    6.is christa pregnant (as many think)

what are our thoughts on these in regards to season 2

1. Well, since she's intended to be the same Lilly from the comic, she's gone to Woodbury.
    2. That was left ambiguous on purpose. Maybe she'll show up in Season 2.
    3. Ben definitely not. He was impaled, so even if that one shot wasn't Kenny putting him down, he was still eaten alive. Kenny, like Molly, was left ambiguous.
    4. Again, no one knows. No one will likely know until Season 2.
    5. They were sick, they wanted out of the city. People do terrible things when they get desperate. That's what The Walking Dead is about. They wanted to live, and they didn't care who it affected. It's the same as our group taking the food from the car in the end of Episode 2.
    6. Probably. If you notice the little exchange with Kenny handing her the bottle, she looks down at her stomach, then at him then back and takes it. Then you see Kenny's shocked reaction as he realizes why she hesitated. She drinks it anyway probably for many different reasons.

• rumours suggest s2 will use s1 save info

assuming you keep them lol

• When you talk to Clementine for the last time all those Alerts that "Clementine will remember that." came up. So I have a feeling all those things you told her before you (Lee) dies will determine how season 2 will start up.

• ...I'll miss Lee...

...I hope Jesus will have mercy and resurrect him :O
    xD

• Nobody else thinks it'd be kind of repetitive to just have Clem being adopted again by some stranger? The bond between Lee and Clem was pretty special and not something you can just replicate with some random new character, imo at least.

• @Chomposaur said: Nobody else thinks it'd be kind of repetitive to just have Clem being adopted again by some stranger? The bond between Lee and Clem was pretty special and not something you can just replicate with some random new character, imo at least.

You're not the only one. I'd prefer all new characters. Maybe Clem is in the first episode so we can see how she's doing but I don't want a whole season of playing her protector again.

• @Chomposaur said: Nobody else thinks it'd be kind of repetitive to just have Clem being adopted again by some stranger? The bond between Lee and Clem was pretty special and not something you can just replicate with some random new character, imo at least.

Finally! Yes, you're not alone. That's one of the reasons I dread the ending of an otherwise great game. The cost and consequences of surival are much more interesting themes.

• I believe the post-credits scene was only there to let the player know that Clem has hope. However, it might also set the course for season 2.

• @QuarterPounderVlad said: ...I'll miss Lee...

...I hope Jesus will have mercy and resurrect him :O
    xD

Well, if Clem didn't shoot him... he is resurrected :cool:.

As very well said in another thread, if we are to have as amazing characters in season 2 as this one, we either need to continue from where we are: Clem and two unknown, likely un-infected persons on the outskirts of Savannah.

Or...

Start over again at Day 0/1, getting to know new character in the middle of the zombie apocalype I doubt they can pull off, easier and better then to go back.

I'd like option 1 but option 2 is good if they pass time faster so that, at one point there is our protagonist and a ally on a field finding a little girl.

At this time I doubt though that even TTG have decided who these two characters are.

• @Yusuf Koroma said: In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

I just finish episode 5 and I want season two right now. This was one of the best games I have played in years. Hats off to Telltale games.

Add Comment