User Avatar Image

The Last Choice [SPOILERS!]

posted by GoFigure on - last edited - Viewed by 502 users

Ok, so

I'm talking about the choice to prevent Lee from turning or not.

My choice in my first playthrough was to make Clem leave Lee behind, handcuffed.

Reasoning:
- Secure option. Lee is handcuffed, couldn't make any harm unless someone went hugging him after reanimation.
- No point to waste a bullet. Resources are pretty scarce.
- No point to risk the noise, as Lee pointed it out.

Plus! I didn't want to make Clem to shoot people she (probably?) viewed as her family. Not when theres another option. No matter how smart and mature she is for her age. No matter how much I want her to grow up fast in the world gone to Z.

I was little surprised to notice that most people didn't pick the same option. Last I checked the ratio was 33-67. I'd like to hear why people did end up picking the option to kill Lee.

I'm not trying to provoke anybody or say your choice was wrong. Just want to hear why people pick... what they picked.

P.S. Damn cliffhangers.

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Flona1972 said: i've let him alive because we never knew if he would turn or not, perhaps he is only ill of infection and he will survive so i gave him a chance and i never thought one second he could be dead anyway.. seems he could and that's really weird as there is no reply to this answer.. to be followed i guess

-_-"

I respect your opinion but...this is more than a day dreaming

• @Chanut_N said: -_-"

I respect your opinion but...this is more than a day dreaming

Indeed. That is... very optimistic. Considering how fatal the bite is in TWD and the mortality rate of amputees.

But, well, one can always hope. There's nothing wrong in little optimism. :)

• @GoFigure said: No. Just don't choke him and Clem will eventually shoot him in the head.

EDIT: And yeah, I did put all my stuff on the table too. Not sure if that counts, though.

I stopped pressing Q when I saw his eyes. He was terrified, but I immediately regretted it because he pinned me on the floor

• Leaving Lee behind and putting the handcuffs on him would be poetic justice. He was going to prison at the start of the game, remember?

• @magzhi said: I stopped pressing Q when I saw his eyes. He was terrified, but I immediately regretted it because he pinned me on the floor

Well, yeah. You have to lose the fight in order to get Clementine save Lee.

@magzhi said: Leaving Lee behind and putting the handcuffs on him would be poetic justice. He was going to prison at the start of the game, remember?

Huh. Never thought of it that way. Guess so! :D

• I Had her shoot Lee for 2 reasons. 1) It was a learning point for her to learn to do despicable things when the absolute need has arisen. 2) I didn't want her to ever think back and wonder whether or not he turned and in consequence think of Lee as a walker, I wanted her to remember him as he was. You have to think about it as more than just a single issue. IIRC it was discussed earlier in the game as to not wanting to become one of "those things".

• @Walker#8 said: I Had her shoot Lee for 2 reasons. 1) It was a learning point for her to learn to do despicable things when the absolute need has arisen.

But there was no absolute need. Doesn't that contradict the whole point of the lesson?

@Walker#8 said: 2) I didn't want her to ever think back and wonder whether or not he turned and in consequence think of Lee as a walker, I wanted her to remember him as he was. You have to think about it as more than just a single issue. IIRC it was discussed earlier in the game as to not wanting to become one of "those things".

Yes, well. She already saw her parents as walkers and she's wont (likely) get to see Lee reanimated. And I figure Lee's lesson "It's not me anymore." will stick and she learns not to dwell on it too much.

• @GoFigure said: Indeed. That is... very optimistic. Considering how fatal the bite is in TWD and the mortality rate of amputees.

But, well, one can always hope. There's nothing wrong in little optimism. :)

but in the comic the guy is still alive after an amputation so i really thought it would be the same.. never thought they would kill Lee specially if there is a season 2 to come, was a bit shocked in fact even if i didn't kill him if other players did it means he will really be dead in the next season.. unless clementine missed him? must play again and kill him to see this :p

• @Flona1972 said: but in the comic the guy is still alive after an amputation so i really thought it would be the same.. never thought they would kill Lee specially if there is a season 2 to come, was a bit shocked in fact even if i didn't kill him if other players did it means he will really be dead in the next season.. unless clementine missed him? must play again and kill him to see this :p

Unless you amputate the body part wich you got bit you won't turn, but for Lee it was too late.

• @GoFigure said: But there was no absolute need. Doesn't that contradict the whole point of the lesson?

Yes, well. She already saw her parents as walkers and she's wont (likely) get to see Lee reanimated. And I figure Lee's lesson "It's not me anymore." will stick and she learns not to dwell on it too much.

Yeah there was no Need at that point but it braces her for future situations and readies her for it.

Add Comment