User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 16.7K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ...Who the fuck were those figures...

• @QuarterPounderVlad said: ...Who the fuck were those figures...

Could be a mirage, they were kinda faded

• I imagine they could already have a mostly complete script of Season Two by now. Purely speculation on my part of course but maybe it won't take that long if they keep the graphics engine the same and don't work on other titles. Maybe 2-3 months?

• @Gemini88 said: Could be a mirage, they were kinda faded

Yeah, Maybe... Could be Clem is going insane with all these deaths, But Highly unlikely. Just a thought.

• @TWDfan1199 said: I assume season 2 will come out sometime in 2013? When did season 1 first start? And how often did episodes come out? I just started playing it last month.

The episodes were each roughly 2 months apart. Give or take a couple weeks. No fixed schedule (much to the annoyance of the audience).

It's safe to assume that either pre-production or actual development is underway. One thing I can't figure out is how far they are through developing one episode when the previous one is released. The "next time" trailers show a variety of environments and such afterall.

If you want my recommendation though, don't purchase a pass for season 2 the moment it becomes available. Even though this season had a quality story, I wouldn't put myself through the punishment of waiting between each episode again. Your patience would likely get rewarded with a discount if you're playing on PC too.

I hope they have them on a schedule next time. Have a few episodes already completed months in advance so they're polishing Ep 4 or 5 before 1 is released.

• Molly would be awesome as the Character for Season 2. I highly doubt it though..

• @TWDfan1199 said: I assume season 2 will come out sometime in 2013? When did season 1 first start? And how often did episodes come out? I just started playing it last month.

Season 2 will come out in spring of 2013.

• @Brohan said: Season 2 will come out in spring of 2013.

And you know this how?

Telltale has two, possibly three, other huge projects that they've already announced coming down the line. I haven't heard them say anything about putting any of them on hold in order to jump into Season 2 right away.

• I agree that Molly should be the main character for Season 2. She's a much different character than Lee, and she still has ties to Season 1 but not so much that it will feel like a re-hash of the same material and characters.

Some things I wouldn't mind seeing:

Molly's escape from Savannah, following the arrival of the herd.

Possibly coming across Lee in the opening scenes. If he's reanimated, choosing whether to put him down. A sort of grisly passing of the baton between main characters.

Finding Kenny. I'm calling it now, I think Kenny lived. I don't think they would have come up with not one, but two separate ambiguous death scenes for the third most important character if they didn't have a good reason. Besides, Walking Dead characters have gotten out of worse without a scratch *cough*Tyreese*cough* so it's not unprecedented.

If she comes across Clem, with or without Omid and Christa, I hope it's brief. Like Glenn in Episode 1 brief. I don't want a whole new season of playing protector to Clem, we've seen that story.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@tharrone said:
    6.is christa pregnant (as many think)

In my playthrough, Lee even explicitly said "You're walking for two". And Christa certainly didn't protest. :)

Add Comment