User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead episode 5 and entire game REVIEW thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 11K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about the last episode and concluding thoughts about the Season right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODES!!!

(poll rates the whole game, not just episode 5)

278 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I cried in the end.But really not much.
    Don't know , I didn't cut Lee's arm , I was ok with him dying.
    Besides I'm not sure you can get your arm cut and then walk around looking for a little girl.

So obviously my main goal is to find Clem and get her to safety ASAP.
    Everyone is with me , which is good , because Lee is dying and I need people to look after her.
    I saved Ben in ep 4 , I was sorry for him.I was pissed at Kenny.
    Then Kenny turns out to be a real friend , and sort of a good man when you really don't need that.

Ben is doomed ( this guy ,...poor him , the writers really had something against him) anyway obviously Ben doesn't want to die anymore , and Kenny wants to save him.
    I knew what to do with that last bullet , a mercy kill.
    Guess not.The good thing is Kenny character really shine for me in this episode, but that was a stupid death.

The guy in the end ,well i haven't stole from his car.I listen to him , and the only thing that strikes me is he's just b**sh** crazy.
    I killed him , and if i could strangle him again , I would.
    Wasn't amzed by the situation at all , just here goes crazy again.Honestly I knew from the very first time i talk in the talkiy ,that was the case.
    Glad for him he had so much fun and time following clem and lee , and managed to survive on his own...

And then the end , there was too much things distracting me to enjoy it.
    Lee 's here alone with a little girl , he can turn any minute...
    And he doesn't tell her ...that's stupid.So I'm anxious he dies and Clem wants to help , not knowing anything and he kills her...
    Then he faints ...and freaks out because she locks them up together (LOL)
    So Lee mission is to get her to safety , but he waits for the last minute to tell her to get to the train and find Omid and Christa.

I mean it wasn't bad , I did cry a little but again I was too distracted by the idea that Lee was going to die any minute , kill her , or just forget to mentions ...vital stuff?

• I have never vicariously experienced such hope, despair, courage and flat out emotional trauma through any artistic medium! This would have been a powerfully compelling story regardless, but having the ability to interact directly through a video game platform has been absolutely riveting and I am still reeling from the finale. I definatley gave this series a 10 and I am looking forward to another awesome season.

For Clem \m/

• Hateres gonna hate.Honestly,Im giving this episode a 10/10.I had no "technical hiccups",and everything was going perfectly normal for me,even on max resolution and graphics.The story was just a pure drama/thriller,and yes,I cried in the end. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@That1Guy said: It was REALLY good. Oh, and BTW wasn't your username in the credits?

YES! YES! You saw that correctly!! :D:D:D

• User Avatar Image
    Lei

mind blown, my favourite game ever! I'm not great for words so yeah....

I didn't know the creepy guy was the owner of the car, that was a genius idea in my opinion and it made me cry (first time in like 6 years)

• I'm just through... mind blown and honestly this is the best game ending I ever experienced, it was so full of power... and yes I cried and it felt right. While the credits went down I still was shocked (amazing song btw). The little clip at the end visually was beautiful and open for interpretation. So short after finishing I'm quite unable to find the right words...

• @BlindOptimism said: -Huge Block of Text-

I agree with about everything that was said there. I didn't have the tech issues though so whatever. And the Ben and Kenny scene was stupid. They could have easily pulled Ben out of that. Not to mention Kenny's sacrifice was entirely unneeded even if they couldn't get Ben out.

Episode 5 was super rushed and it really shows.

• @Vainamoinen said: YES! YES! You saw that correctly!! :D:D:D

Thought so! Congratz on getting it in one of the best games of the last few years.:)

• @Valkama said: I agree with about everything that was said there. I didn't have the tech issues though so whatever. And the Ben and Kenny scene was stupid. They could have easily pulled Ben out of that. Not to mention Kenny's sacrifice was entirely unneeded even if they couldn't get Ben out.

Episode 5 was super rushed and it really shows.

No, they couldn't get him out of there. That thing probably perfurated his liver or something. He would have died if they had tried more. And, although desnecessary, Kenny's sacrifice was more of a "I want to end my life" decision

• Holy Cow! Now THAT is how you end a game!

The emotional roller coaster put me in a tailspin for the better part of my morning. I'm pretty sure that I need to lock myself up in my bathroom and cry it out for awhile. I seriously can't think of anything bad to say.

Congrats to Tell Tale on this fantastic game, it certainly deserves it's nomination for Game of the Year, and here's to hoping that it wins!

Add Comment