User Avatar Image

Ben didnt really prove himself in the end.

posted by DarcKage on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Which is a damn shame.

Yeah, he finally stood up to Kenny and told him what's up, which was good. But he was still a liability in the end. I really feel sorry for the poor kid, he couldnt do anything right and died a horrible death.

- got several people killed.
- Got bitched at all the time and treated like a kid.
- Never got to see his family.
- Had to live for a while with the guilt of indirectly killing Katjaa/Duck.
- Died in an alleyway surrounded by walkers with no one but the guy who hated his guts all this time by his side.
- Probably never got laid.

Such a sad story. :(

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I disagree, he did prove himself. He stood up for himself and apologized for what he did. He was also willing to risk his life to save Clementine, I think that's enough proof.

• Sure he stood up for himself, but I agree he dident really prove himself.
    A real shame.

• Not everyone who wants to redeem themselves gets an opportunity to do so. But he at least got the opportunity to earn forgiveness, or at least acceptance.

• He was a bitch. When he died I laughed. Then I saw Kenny helping him. I died of sadness.... God damn it, Kenny.

• @DarcKage said: Which is a damn shame.

Yeah, he finally stood up to Kenny and told him what's up, which was good. But he was still a liability in the end. I really feel sorry for the poor kid, he couldnt do anything right and died a horrible death.

- got several people killed.
    - Got bitched at all the time and treated like a kid.
    - Never got to see his family.
    - Had to live for a while with the guilt of indirectly killing Katjaa/Duck.
    - Died in an alleyway surrounded by walkers with no one but the guy who hated his guts all this time by his side.
    - Probably never got laid.

Such a sad story. :(

He got Kenny killed. As I expected.

Ben's killcount:
    -Duck
    -Katjaa
    -Carley/Doug
    -Chuck
    -Brie
    and if you didn't drop the idiot in episode 4
    -Kenny

• @ruairi46 said: Sure he stood up for himself, but I agree he dident really prove himself.
    A real shame.

if you brought only ben with you, he will question if he should cut off lee's arm, then tells lee to do it himself. then he passes out when lee cuts his arm. lol.

• Secretly ben was a seriel killer getting kicks out of watching friends die. He pushed his coach on the bear trap..

• Reading people's posts, I'm glad that I let Ben drop in episode 4.

• I wish he didn't die like that. At least he stood up for himself and earned forgiveness from Kenny. But yeah, I often felt sorry for Ben because of how people were always treating him, I even told Omid and Christa to support him after Lee died... and then he goes and gets impaled. That and the final scene where Lee is almost turning with Clem were the two scenes in this Episode where I cried... and of course Kenny had to go with him. Goddammit, I couldn't keep neither my favorite character (Ben) nor the person I liked the least (Kenny) around in the end... =/

• But in the end isn't that really the main theme of The Walking Dead?

"Life sucks and then you die."

Add Comment