User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.0K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think TT's real challenge is creating another protagonist we can identify with.

• I want Clementine to be in the season, but I'm not sure in what way. If I want to take on a different sort of protector. Or perhaps someone who will help her grow as a survivor. Or perhaps she helps someone grow? I have no idea. All I know is I want her in there.

• i think having clem as the lead protagonist would be something different..

true some may not like being a young girl but most people love kids and it gives us a different game, where smarts are needed over brute force.

• @lilTomTom said: When you talk to Clementine for the last time all those Alerts that "Clementine will remember that." came up. So I have a feeling all those things you told her before you (Lee) dies will determine how season 2 will start up.

Nah, unlikely. People will lose their saves before season2 (one year? two?) is out, it would be pointless. It's like "Doug will remember that" before being shot...

• TBH I wished they would have just been Christa and Omid and left it at that. That would've been good closure while still keeping it ambitious for a sequel...

• I'm hoping season 2 will deal with another group of survivors entirely but all know the zombie rules of survival. Bites, all dead turn, no noise, etc.

If characters from season 1 show up they should not be playable and link up with the new group as guest characters.

• @tharrone said: can someone remind me of any unanswered questions i have missed
    1.what happened to lilly
    2.what happened to molly
    3.did ben or kenny survive the allyway (not likely)
    4.was it christa and omid on the hill (and why were they and clem in the country?)
    5.why did vernon and his group go aggresive and were did they go
    6.is christa pregnant (as many think)

what are our thoughts on these in regards to season 2

1. She left and lived in Woodbury the remainder of her life.
    2. Unknown
    3. They both died as seen in the character recap
    4. More than likely
    5. They were assholes, doing what everyone would do, take take take and not give two shits. Fuck Vernon, he's an asshole.
    6.Yes, Lee knows as he states; "Christa, I should go first, you are climbing for TWO."

• I wouldn't mind seeing Omid and Christa meet up with Clem and maybe Molly will save Kenny or something (unlikely).But one thing I hope Telltale does should they continue with these characters is bring Lilly back. It's possible since Telltale's Lilly is different than Kirkman's Lilly. Seeing her and Kenny together would definitely spice things up for the second season again. All in all this was a great season. Plus it's only been 3 months into the apocalypse. I still find it crazy how we lost Carley/Doug , Chuck , Katjaa , Duck , Lilly , Kenny , Ben and Lee in like the 3 days since they left the Motor Inn. Absolutely crazy.

• The two mysteries I want to see revealed in Season 2 - The guys/gals on the cliff. (That's almost certain, atleast I think so, will be revealed in season 2) And Kenny. Did he survive? Is he dead? The character recap could just be fucking with us. You can never trust anything.

• I believe it's been confirmed somewhere by Telltale Lily isn't the Lily who appeared in the comics. That Lily got her father named in a novel and it's not Larry.

Add Comment