User Avatar Image

How to get the Game to recognize a save file

posted by Lifendz on - last edited - Viewed by 300 users

My PS3 broke about a week and a half ago. This is after I finished episode 4 and saved my progress to the cloud system. Sony sent me a new PS3 but all the info on my hdd was gone. I had to redownload all my games off PSN, including the Walking Dead, and I also moved my cloud saves to my hdd.

I start the Walking Dead game and the game isn't recognizing the save file on my system. I only have the option of starting a new game. My save file, however, is right there on my hdd.

Question is how can I get the game to see my save file and allow me to continue from where I left off?

2 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

If you are using the same account, and have pulled your save down from the cloud, you should have no problem accessing your save game. It's possible the save file is corrupted, which would prevent it from loading. This can happen if you turned off your console while saving, or aborted the save process midway.

• @MattP said: If you are using the same account, and have pulled your save down from the cloud, you should have no problem accessing your save game. It's possible the save file is corrupted, which would prevent it from loading. This can happen if you turned off your console while saving, or aborted the save process midway.

It's the same account and the save was pulled directly from the cloud and doesn't appear to have anything wrong with it. There's no option to continue from where I left off or to load a save. All I have are 3 new game slots. I've already relegated myself to having to play all four episodes again, but next time around you guys should include a load game option.

Add Comment