User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.5K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The thing about The Walking Dead universe, is that usually once you pass a character by, you don't return to them. Characters left behind are usually just that, left behind.

I don't expect to see Kenny or Molly again, whether they survived or not, nor do I suspect we'll ever know for sure either way. Same goes for Omid and Christa.

Who was that coming over the horizon at the end? Whoever you want it to be. Any one who has seen the post-apocalyptic movie/book 'The Road' will be familiar with a similarly ambiguous ending.

Ideally, we never find out, and season 2 contains a completely different set of characters. That would be staying true to the world of The Walking Dead.

• @thespanner said: The thing about The Walking Dead universe, is that usually once you pass a character by, you don't return to them. Characters left behind are usually just that, left behind.

What about Merle Dixon ;-)

• @mcgough said: What about Merle Dixon ;-)

The game is set in the world of the comic though, not the TV show!

• so anyone know anything about this yet?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also did anyone else not get the ''what remains'' achievement (colmplete chapter 8 of ep 5)
    is this a secret ending or a glitch?

• What about Lilly? I bet she isn't done for... Evil b**ches like her never are. By the way, I got the "What remains" achievement, it's must be a glicth you didn't. In reality, the full game is chock full of glitches. I get nada achis from ep II because of them. ZERO.

• I'd like Clementine to return and for the season to pick up where the epilogue left. She would approach the figures whom I assume would be the protagonists whom then take Clementine with them.

I dont like the idea of Clementine getting a new guardian. Replacing Lee would just make me nerd-rage. But maybe she fends for herself with the new group? I also hope there are relapses of season one and baww moments when you can reminisce about Lee. Something cute I imagine is when the group ask her name and she'd reply "Clementine Everett", actually seeing Lee as a father to her, in some respect.

Whatevers on its way, it better not take too long, you hear me, TellTale Staff?!

• @DreadMagus said: That sums up my thoughts completely.

Lee and Clem's story definitely needs completion this season.

I agree with everything you've stated besides the female perspective.

• yes i really hope to see season 2 within 2013 (not that i want them to rush it) just cause i need more of this story , i enjoyed every moment of this game

• The idea of Clementine making an appearance later on in Season 2 (I think it would be suitable to start it off at the beginning of the apocalypse, like with Season 1) is very appealing and very much possible. Those two figures on the hill COULD be Omid and Christa, who knows?

I have this idea that all of the stuff you told her in the final Episode (Like 'keep that hair short') might cause her to remember and even quote it in Season 2. I believe that Clementine's going to be a lot stronger (mentally) this time around, on account of all that she's been through. We might even have another Carl Grimes on our hands.

• I really do hope that none of the characters from season one make it to season 2. Maybe Christa and Omid, but I don't want to see Clementine again. I liked her, she was a good character, but the taking care of a child in a zombie apocalypse thing is done. It was done well, let's move on to a different concept.

Add Comment