User Avatar Image

Are you going to give Season 2 a shot?

posted by FAVREFAN on - last edited - Viewed by 170 users

I'm way to upset with Lee's death. I for one am not. I can't play as anyone else. Even if it's Clementine. It's too much. I was looking forward to Lee's journey.

(A million sad emicons)

Also, did anyone else get the "Happy Birthday, Clem" option while on your deathbed. I had to play 2 playthroughs, and on my first I did, the second I didn't.

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GaigeWSG said: I'll be down for it no matter what.

If you think of Lee as being one who's journey is more about helping Clem become the person she needs to be in order to survive this world, I think you'll feel differently about Lee and his journey.

Okay... I get that. Maybe it's down to personal preference, but whenever someone criticizes X people always seem to say "It's the Walking Dead."

Well, if it's the Walking Dead, I thought the game was going to be about survival and how Lee deals with the new world he's in. I didn't expect it to be about Clementine.

I also didn't expect to choose whatever I wanted. I get it, there are limits to what developers can do. But at its core I expected the game to be a choice between survival and sacrifice. I expected for there to be some hard choices to be made to ensure survival, and up to a certain point I got exactly that, because Lee survived and the possibility of his actions catching up to him were there. The ending was romanticized, because I don't get something like deciding between survival or keeping my humanity at the end of the game. Lee keeps his humanity and leans toward the notion of redemption regardless of what I do.

I think choosing between something like succeeding in rescuing Clementine (sacrifice) or failing, but surviving the ordeal (compromise) would've been a good way to keep with the theme of the Walking Dead. The unfortunate part is that nothing of the sort was done even though it wouldn't have to be a perfect 'Disney' ending by a long shot, and consequences wouldn't be anything major because it would've happened right at the end.

• Absolutely on board for season 2. Keep up the good work, Telltale!

• @FAVREFAN said: I'm way to upset with Lee's death. I for one am not. I can't play as anyone else. Even if it's Clementine. It's too much. I was looking forward to Lee's journey.

(A million sad emicons)

Also, did anyone else get the "Happy Birthday, Clem" option while on your deathbed. I had to play 2 playthroughs, and on my first I did, the second I didn't.

how did you get that option?

• Can't wait. I will be buying it, as well as crying myself to sleep every night knowing Clementine is out there all alone until it's released.

• Telltale has proved that their content is worth my money. (What I mean by that is whatever zombie content they release, My money is going to them :).)

• After Episode 5 I'm not really sure. Telltale sorta sucked a lot when they made that so I'll wait and see if it's good before I get it.

• Definitely! Though, I'm a little depressed Lee didn't make it, but the ending of Season 4 prepared me somewhat for that. I'm glad that there will be a sizable gap between the two seasons for that reason alone.

Even though season 1 was flawed, it was still one of the most riveting experiences I've had in gaming, and it is extremely unforgettable. Sign me up for the next one.

• I most definetly will be buying Season 2. I was holding out hope that lee would live, I even cut his arm off even knowing that it was far to late for amputation to be effective. I am seriously bummed out by the ending, but I also came in knowing that TWD is pure tragedy and no comedy, I am ceratinly not going to turn my back on a franchise just because the endings are almost always going to be such a such a downer.

But I am fairly well steeled now so Telltale is going to have to work their collective butts off to get me to invest emotionally in the next protagonist now... unless its my Sweat Pea of course.

• of course....my disappointment in this episode doesn't influence my enjoyment of the previous others.

Add Comment