User Avatar Image

Did Your Lee Die An Armless Lee?

posted by SouthWardRB on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

I was like "you know what, it will both wind up with me dying, so, fuck the world, I was born with this arm and ILL DIE with my arm!"

I was an inspirational moment, then Kenny died and I cried from that moment till 12 minutes ago.

(I played it today)

61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I chopped it off trying to slow the infection down a tiny bit,it also helped because I didn't pass out as much as in my 'armed' save.

I call my Lee the one-armed ranger.

• @ieatbrains said: There are at least 4 threads on this topic. Does any one search or just post blindly?

Ah come on now, the ending came out today and everyone is running around in post game excitement mode.

It's bound to happen and there's no harm in it. :p

• Considering that in reality amputation with little to no medical care and nothing but self improvisation = Very Bad, it just makes more sense to not cut it off. Less of a problem of then, less of a blood issue and it wouldn't slow the group down (climbing that ladder would be a bitch!).

Take what you see in the likes of the Walking Dead show, in which two amputations take place (I won't say who) with a pinch of salt. Survival rate with no medical care of a professional nature tends to be quite low.

• Kept my arm. Had an awesome laugh when my Lee woke up to find his best bro Kenny holding the saw to his arm and discussing it with the others.

• @DreadMagus said: Ah come on now, the ending came out today and everyone is running around in post game excitement mode.

It's bound to happen and there's no harm in it. :p

Tell that to the poor sap that did it already. I'm pretty sure the mods won't like seeing a hundred threads on the same subject.

• Well, I guess the mods will be the one to decide that.

• @BMane said: Considering that in reality amputation with little to no medical care and nothing but self improvisation = Very Bad, it just makes more sense to not cut it off. Less of a problem of then, less of a blood issue and it wouldn't slow the group down (climbing that ladder would be a bitch!).

Take what you see in the likes of the Walking Dead show, in which two amputations take place (I won't say who) with a pinch of salt. Survival rate with no medical care of a professional nature tends to be quite low.

Yeah, I thought the amputation scene was pretty unrealistic. I did it anyway because I thought there was a chance it might lead to a "better" ending. But realistically, I think it probably should have just killed him, assuming Lee was able to cut the arm off at all.

It would have been cooler if they had done something like the scene from Heavy Rain where Ethan has to cut off one of his fingers, and it's actually a challenge for the player to get him to work up the nerve to do it.

• Lee kept his arm.
    First any amputation scene kind of disgust me , so if i can avoid it , I will.
    Lee was dead for me , i got used to the idea .
    And the whole point was finding Clem as fast as possible , since it appeared she was hold hostage by a psycho, so I figured it wasn't the time to cut an arm and have time to recover.

I'm not sure you can get an arm cut and one hour after walk around in the street .
    Bloodloss + shock = lee not being able to do anything in my mind.

• I kept the arm. I was really surprised to see so that so many people cut it off. A fair amount of time had already passed since the bite, and Lee was already feeling the effects of it. I figured cutting it off wouldn't help at that point. It was too late. The other thing was, I thought I might need both arms to find and save Clementine. Whether it's for fighting, climbing or whatever. I was afraid I'd get into a situation where I'd need both arms. The last thing, was the risk of bleeding out, or the fact that the cut off arm is an injury that hinders him more than the actual bite did. That could delay him even more from saving Clementine. So I kept the arm. Enduring the pain of cutting off the arm wouldn't have been worth it.

• I saw it off. I bet Lee still lives and shit!

He does!

Add Comment