User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead episode 5 and entire game REVIEW thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 9.8K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about the last episode and concluding thoughts about the Season right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODES!!!

(poll rates the whole game, not just episode 5)

278 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ive just played this amazing game, the walking dead game was one of the best games ive played in a long time. I cant believe whats just happen my heart is still pounding and tears are still falling. This game has to be the best from this year better than halo 4, call of duty and all the outer rubbish games have come out this year. They done this game so smartly so upsetting, even know im still crying of whats just happen. 1-5 episode's have been amazing i like how every trust or comment in the game had repercussions and danger's to your friend's and clementine. Even your discussion in the game who to save and who should die made me scared, angry, upset or happy. Assepsherly when you had to shoot Duck in the head what made me cry or trying to save Carly from Lilly or dug from Lilly how hard that was for me or the player's. This is a 10/10 game and if you havnt played this then i think you should, this game, this light that shine from telltale is truly amazing and on my second run throw the game. Bring more game like this and if there a next one then i hope it about clementine i would loveto know what happens to her and omid and the other girl that i forget her name all the dam time.

• At first I was skeptical because I never really cared for games that were based off something. They just never really seemed right. However Telltale did a great job making original characters and a plot that just pulls you in.

Its not over the top because you can relate to these people in many ways they are just normal folks who have been thrown into a catastrophe. If the world happen to suffer some fate like this. I could imagine this is how people would behave.

• Whoever gave this game a 1, a 3, or a 6 should be slapped. Jus' saying.

• (SPOILERS INCLUDED) Episode 5 was a great conclusion to the season, and also a very emotional one. Throughout the 5 episodes, Lee was a great character to interact with as he interacts with the characters in the game, especially Clementine, and I felt that Lee and Clementine would have made a great father/daughter pair. Their relationship develops with great emotion and tension as the world gets deeper into crap and they try to live on. When it got down to the final chapter, I didn't want Lee to die and Clem to be without him, and nearly went into tears. The ending was just one of the most powerful ones ever been put to pixels, and I am quite impressed with the emotional power that the game carries throughout, especially through this episode.

I also thought Telltale delivered on their promise on the decisions made throughout the game. You look over them and start to see where they fit (Episode 2's ending is a great example). They made a much enriching story, and kept me gripped throughout.

To me, with Episode 5, The Walking Dead Season 1 is the best Telltale Game ever developed, one of the best Survival-Horror games ever made, and one of the best adventure games of the modern age. I hope a Season 2 comes soon after another project, and I wish Telltale luck in their GOTY campaign and their next adventure in developing.

And, would I name it my GOTY? Well, if I wouldn't, then why am I here? :)

• When I killed the stranger and shot him from turning, I felt like I was fighting on the wrong side for a bit. :/

• Aaaaaaaaand... your choices don't mean jack. Nice, Tell Tale. I wouldn't be so upset about that if not for the blatantly misleading marketing.

My other chief complaint is that there's nothing "artistic" about the ambiguity; it's just plain lazy and unsatisfying. Atrocious ending to a decent series. My eyes are bugging out of my head seeing words like "masterwork" bandied about.

• anyone else found it ironic that he's handcuffed in the end, like in the very beginning?

• [Ive just played this amazing game, the walking dead game was one of the best games ive played in a long time. I cant believe whats just happen my heart is still pounding and tears are still falling. This game has to be the best from this year better than halo 4, call of duty and all the outer rubbish games have come out this year. They done this game so smartly so upsetting, even know im still crying of whats just happen. 1-5 episode's have been amazing i like how every trust or comment in the game had repercussions and danger's to your friend's and clementine. Even your discussion in the game who to save and who should die made me scared, angry, upset or happy. Assepsherly when you had to shoot Duck in the head what made me cry or trying to save Carly from Lilly or dug from Lilly how hard that was for me or the player's. This is a 10/10 game and if you havnt played this then i think you should, this game, this light that shine from telltale is truly amazing and on my second run throw the game. Bring more game like this and if there a next one then i hope it about clementine i would loveto know what happens to her and omid and the other girl that i forget her name all the dam time.]

K, You cant even compare this to Halo 4 or Call of Duty. Yes this was a great game but it is too different to be compared to fps's. This game has a great story but it's not programmed the best, let alone all the little glitches here and there, the way zombies/people walked, certain events where it wouldn't let you click the "quick time event", things like that. You seem like a rater who just ignores all the flaws a game has. To me, Story: 10/10, Programming: 5/10. Also one main thing that made me dislike telltale, was the fact that they PROMISED each episode would be released EVERY MONTH. Since they failed to do that, they lost a lot of people, but it did make up for it in the end. Telltale, keep making great games, just fix all the bugs and make a promise you can KEEP! :)

• This game. Oof.

I think Mr. Ebert might have a thing or two to say about video games being art after playing this.

Add Comment