User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 24.3K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @HiggsBoson2142 said: I do...but without Kenny, Duck, Doug, Larry, Ben, it just wouldn't feel the same.

I dunno, I'm not ready to count Kenny out yet.

And that's not a "It might have grazed her cheek, or Lee's that one special immune person." hope.

We don't see him die... I think there's a reason for that.

• We do, for the love of the greater equation, please start it a few years down the line in a stable goddamn settlement, and don't let it go to shit in the first episode.

I don't care if the protagonist gets separated, has to come back, whatever. I love the series, but there needs to be some hope left for humanity. Don't go the Kirkman route and just keep piling shit on until fans just give up in a collective meh.

• We need a season two, there are questions, there is always room for growth of a story.

• Yes i believe we need a season 2 because i have so many questions i need answered and i also feel that since this is a walking dead variant that TTG should do the Robert Kirkman thing and keep making new seasons until you cannot possibly write anymore because every human being is dead

• @Snake Liquid said: Sorry dude, wont' ever happen. Both are comic characters and won't be meeting anyone else that'll be in the games.

Maybe lilly, but Glen is a definitive no.

• I would hope they would give us an answer to this ending in the next season.

If not, thats rather stupid in my opinion. Can't just leave that season with a cliffhanger and no answer at all. Crappy writing if thats what happens.

Honestly I thought it was over after she shot my Lee, and I wasn't happy. Not sad, though during the scene I def was, but mad that after all that it ended with me not knowing if Clem would be safe.

• I don't think we do.. Season 1 stands as a complete story.. The game was Telltales most successful and it made them a lot of money though, so I'm sure they will continue going as long as the sales are there

• Season 2 doesn't have to be exactly the same. It can follow the route the end of this season almost took with radioman. Instill a governor type figure or some other major HUMAN threat that follows you all season as well as the regular drib drab zombies etc

• @Gennadios said: We do, for the love of the greater equation, please start it a few years down the line in a stable goddamn settlement, and don't let it go to shit in the first episode.

I don't care if the protagonist gets separated, has to come back, whatever. I love the series, but there needs to be some hope left for humanity. Don't go the Kirkman route and just keep piling shit on until fans just give up in a collective meh.

Made me laugh. That is seriously the only issue that I have with the Walking Dead. They do so much emotionally for the characters but as actual viewers, readers, or players, they just pile on crap and make it hard for us to be hopeful that anything good will ever happen.

In fact, I remember reading somewhere and either Kirkman or someone working on the TV show said something along the lines of, "There is no cure, there is no safe zone, there is no place that has not been touched." And I immediately lost some interest in the series. Because as a viewer, reader, or player, you are hoping that something will go right, that they will somehow find a place where they are safe. But by saying what they did, they say that it is not a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN everyone becomes infected and/or dies. And what fun is that.

I mean at that point the ending is set, the characters all have to die in some way, or people have to do a lot of zombie killing to make the world better again. And even then, everyone would turn when they died, so you would never be safe again.

Add Comment