User Avatar Image

The story is tailored by your choice

posted by falcon168 on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Whoa! Now I can really see how much the story is tailored by my choices! Thanks TT! You've made a good job!

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't know if this post is supposed to be sarcastic or not, but if it is, the story does change according to your choices, although very little. Hopefully in season 2 there will be a lot more choices and a lot more different stories that could play out.

• The thing that intresnts me right now is the scene after u finish the game and then after all of the credits. Not going into specifics here to avoid spoilers, but are there different scenes or is it allways the same?

• @Jingster said: The thing that intresnts me right now is the scene after u finish the game and then after all of the credits. Not going into specifics here to avoid spoilers, but are there different scenes or is it allways the same?

Always the same. I'm assuming it didn't change because it leads to season 2. Assuming.

• It says story is tailored.

Tailoring = making the sleeves shorter to fit better. Not adding a third sleeve.

So basicly, the details change but the general story stays the same. I prefer this kind of choice and result in game as much as the bigger kind (Like Mass Effect's choices besides the actual ending). Basicly: this follows the idea that TTG said: There is not one way to play the game that is, gameplay wise, better than the other.

Having endings where more people live, or where the main protagonist lives, basicly makes one ending better than the other. This was purposefully avoided by TTG as they themselves said in their video blogs. Heck, the one thing where they did make some feel better than others (ending of episode 4 and who goes with you) you already saw a lot of people rewinding and doing things to try and get as many people as possible with them. How to play it the 'best' way was completely analyzed and has become common knowledge on these forums already. Compare this to ME2: Where the ending where your entire crew survived also feels like the best and therefore most people strive to achieve it.

So yeah, the details of the story changed a lot depending on your choices. And it is in those details where the brilliance of this game is. Results are often subtle. And I love that.

• What is the upside of the game being always the same no matter what you do again? And what is the problem in people wanting to achieve something and thus replaying the game, is that bad? I don't really get your point.

First of all IF some characters survived instead of dieing or others died instead of living, then we do still not know if that would be a good thing or not down the road.
    You don't have to tell the story in a way that one end is clearly better than others, what ending you want depends on what character you play anyway. If people want to protect others then it is better if they stay alive in the end. If people hated some characters, then maybe they are happier with seeing them dead instead of having the fear that they come back and screw with you in another season.

We do not have to argue about the word tailoring. I think deep down most of us feel that the game should have adapted more to the choices, especially in the last episode, where optional loose ends are no problem, because you do not have to pick them up again if you don't want to.

• Yes, it's tailored. That doesn't mean multiple story paths. It's a tailored experience.

Add Comment