User Avatar Image

Episode 5 Disappointment (vent here) **SPOILERS**

posted by MaroubraDave on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Telltale,
Firstly i would like to say great game and a fantastic concept. However the ending i would say is not so great. While it is very well made and certainly tugs at your heart strings, I didn't play the game and wait for the ending only to find out i die anyway... Now i know people may argue that you didn't see lee actually turn so maybe he will be ok, but the fact you left it this way is really a let down to the series. I was really looking forward to the last episode but in all honesty it just brought me down and i kinda wish i stopped playing at episode 4. :confused: There should be an alternative ending where you can at least live... Just my opinion.

407 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So AMC using Rick and Co. From the comics means the show is bad right?

Some people. Can't enjoy the best of the best, for umm

20$

• @short_stack said: how can people say this masterpiece was terrible, i cried, you cant say it was bad just because Lee died and you are upset if you are having a strong emotion then the story did its part. are these people trolling?

Uh, nobody in this thread said that.

I for once didn't mind Lee dieing (the ending together with Clementine is one of the few things I actually liked about this episode), although the way he got bit left me unsatisfied.

• @Sithdude78 said: Complaining about lack of multiple endings umm when were we ever promised more then one ending. This story is mostly about the small things changing and the choices do matter but it wont change the ending that doesn't make these choices not matter i just means that this was Lees path and now its over.

"A tailored game experience – Live with the profound and lasting consequences of the decisions that you make in each episode. Your actions and choices will affect how your story plays out across the entire series."

@Sithdude78 said: Sides we dont know if these choices really dont matter since they will carry over to season 2 so people are jumping the shark by saying nothing they did mattered.

Many people posted things like: "I understand it's impossible to make many, many story threads fit together throughout several episodes." That's certainly true. But in the last episode anything was possible. They had the chance to make a gazillion endings based on the decisions throughout the game without worrying that these events wouldn't fit with those other players experienced.

Instead, you get that cliffhanger which is meant to do just what you said: Create the tiny hope that at least next time your decisions will matter. Well, they won't. If the next season includes this seasons' cast, there will be something happeneing in the first few minutes that renders all those decisions pointless again. Because else they'd have the mentioned problem again that every player has a differently trained Clem.

• Just can't bring myself to like this episod... too many flaws.

• I was kinda sad our choices didn't matter who we brought, we were still bitten and perditcable way it ended. They could made it a lot more fun. I think they ran out of gas. It almost got boring.

• @Crusher87 said: I personally liked that his hate was driven by one of the choices that seemed irrelevant compared to others during the game, but his explanation made sense. What I did not like however is that he is mad at you no matter what you do. I was hoping that by proving you only did good he would give up on Clementine and commit suicide or something.

I liked that as well and that's a perfect example. I made nothing but what I believed to be good choices and the guy still blamed me for stealing(I was against it), blamed me for letting Doug die(he probably would've said the same thing if I saved him instead of Carley), and bringing Clementine to the dairy(but I was AGAINST it when we had the choice originally. The group put it to a vote and I HAD to go). Definitely the worst episode. I think the worst thing about it besides my previous statement about choice not mattering is that it was so anti-climatic and forgettable. All I remember is Lee dying. During the fight scene with Campman, there wasn't any music! That really got rid of all of the tension. This is still one of my favorite games but it saddens me that I'm not able to say "Every episode was amazing."

• I think they should have kept Larry around longer, he was the most entertaining guy and the story should have gone on a bit longer then it did.

Did ep3,4,5 take place in like 4 days???

Would have been better if it was over a longer period of time, (Lee and Clem getting even closer, him becoming a dad to her etc), No silly radioguy holding a grudge oh and did I say this already MORE LARRY!

• @aguyuno said: Walking dead tv show, comics, and this game... they've all been pretty depressing, think about it. It's reality based - Lee was effed, he just had one last thing.

No, I thought the ending was actually perfect. My only disappointment was the lack of seeing Molly at any point. Not even zombie Molly or something, which is REALLY annoying considering you do see zombie Andrea at one point.

Andrea isn't in the game and she is not dead in any of the Walking dead mediums. She is alive in the comics and the TV show.

• @rwnz said: ^ Not Andrea, surely? Do you mean that chick who won the contest...? I forget her name. Or do you actually mean Andrea from the comic? If so, WHERE?

Andrea isn't in the game and she is not dead in any of the Walking dead mediums. She is alive in the comics and the TV show.

• @zivi7 said: "A tailored game experience – Live with the profound and lasting consequences of the decisions that you make in each episode. Your actions and choices will affect how your story plays out across the entire series."

Many people posted things like: "I understand it's impossible to make many, many story threads fit together throughout several episodes." That's certainly true. But in the last episode anything was possible. They had the chance to make a gazillion endings based on the decisions throughout the game without worrying that these events wouldn't fit with those other players experienced.

Instead, you get that cliffhanger which is meant to do just what you said: Create the tiny hope that at least next time your decisions will matter. Well, they won't. If the next season includes this seasons' cast, there will be something happeneing in the first few minutes that renders all those decisions pointless again. Because else they'd have the mentioned problem again that every player has a differently trained Clem.

^^^^

This.

Add Comment