User Avatar Image

Played the whole time for nothing

posted by Against--Me! on - last edited - Viewed by 577 users

*edit* I shouldn't say for nothing, the whole season was pretty damn awesome, I guess I just expected a little more at the end.

So let me say first I was definitely very disappointed in how the episode ended, and i'm not sure if I just
played through this one faster but it seemed so much shorter then the other episodes. Anyway, as I finished and it was telling me how my decisions compared to other people's decisions all I could see was,

Enter choice one here
Enter description here

Enter Choice two here
Enter description... etc, so I have no idea what the decisions even were. Had I thought at the moment, I could have came here and asked you guys what they were, but its too late for that now.

EDIT 2** I just realized you can go back and check your stats. Would anyone be so kind as to type out for me the choices in order 1-5 with anything i'd need to know to help me figure out how my decisions related to others.

As well as what I said above the percentage bar says "You and 49% of players result 1:1"

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did watch after all of this and after credits and I still hate the ending. Yeah it's pointless, Kenny dies anyway, Lee dies anyway (big choice there isn't it?) and clem goes off alone and might/might not find christa and omid. Also because I drank from that bottle and then christa I prob infected her and her baby too. good going All the humanity die anyway why play a game with choices if in the end nothing will change anyway?

• @Sirei said: Also because I drank from that bottle and then christa I prob infected her and her baby too

I don't think that how it works... also you don't get aids when you drink from an aids-patients bottle.

• May be Kenny did not died, he was only "lost" after he jumped in to that dead trap.

• @Truxus said: Spoilers dont read before playing:

Ive got the bug thats not telling me which decisions i made compared to other players as well but oh well thats what you get for being so attached to the series, i guess.
    As an answer to your second post: This was the first time i broke my principles, reloading and not regreting, but as it turned out it didnt change anything so i f.. up my own experience for nothing.
    To the previous argument of yours: I was prepared for an emotional experience and to some extent i liked how it ended, but all my efforts getting christa,omid and especially clem prepared for the unavoidable was kind of fruitless(after losing kenny that is)
    I loved to see how my actions had an impulse on how the story unfolded and not seeing a result to all these efforts was a big bummer imo although i can feel the devs need to get a dramatic ending(ending it with lee`s death ofc)

That one weird moment when someone's online name is sorta like yours...:o

• @Against--Me! said: Also, did it not bug anybody that SPOILER** if Kenny was just going to shoot Ben (which was the right thing to do,) why wouldn't he just say a quick sorry, shoot him and go back to Lee, I can't stand ignoring logic just to progress a story.

If I remember right he said something around the lines of "Why go back with you when I can help Ben and then be with Kat?"

• I travelled with the whole group and if I may say so I think this was the best possible ending they could've come up with. The whole situation with the stranger is a bit silly I think but it's okay. I don't see it ending in any other way actually.

Good job, TellTale games.

The thing about the statistics doesn't bother me at all. I don't really care about what other players chose and it's just a bug.

• It's not that big of a deal, but I kinda agree, I would have liked to know 'bout it! For the first time with playing the Walking Dead, 4 choices were against the majority :eek:

• @Sirei said: I did watch after all of this and after credits and I still hate the ending. Yeah it's pointless, Kenny dies anyway, Lee dies anyway (big choice there isn't it?) and clem goes off alone and might/might not find christa and omid. Also because I drank from that bottle and then christa I prob infected her and her baby too. good going All the humanity die anyway why play a game with choices if in the end nothing will change anyway?

The game wasn't about your choices making "mechanical" differences in the ending, and I'm glad they didn't. The choices weren't meant to literally change the outcomes, they have to do with how Lee deals with the other characters, how they deal with him, what Lee is willing to do, what kind of person becomes, and his bond with clementine.

If you play episode 5, and after the end all you think is "zomg my choices didn't change everything" than you missed the entire point of this game.

The ending of this game was the most beautiful and powerful story-telling I have ever seen with a video game. Incredibly sad, yes, but it was a fitting and very good ending. Telltale did a simply amazing job with episode 5, all the way through.

• @Against--Me! said:
    As well as what I said above the percentage bar says "You and 49% of players result 1:1"

I have the same problem. Had it in Episode 4 too. Very annoying.

• @PerttuLaulaa said: May be Kenny did not died, he was only "lost" after he jumped in to that dead trap.

He did die. At the end it gives you a summary of major events with each character. Under "Kenny" it says he died in an alley in Atlanta.

Add Comment