1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @John W. said: Yeah, my playthrough gave me some serious sympathy for Kenny.

    I was never particularly mad with Kenny so much as I felt he was coded very terribly. I usually sided with him because, a lot of the time, he was just straight up right. When he was being irrational or shortsighted I disagreed with him; this brings up the issue that for every Kenny Point you gain by having his back, you lose five billion for disagreeing with him in even the most minor of ways.

    It was really frustrating, building up a friendship with Kenny and then having the gentle house of cards that is his friendship meter come tumbling down because I forgot to say "bless you" after he sneezed.

    Seriously.



    LOL.

    So much this.

    When he sacrificed himself for Ben in my game I was kind of torn between bemusement and sadness. Sadness because he was the last of the original group to die besides Clementine and Lee but bemusement because he is such a giant ass hypocrite. He hates Ben the whole game and then he hates on his wife for killing herself and all he cares about is pragmatism like getting a boat or killing Larry because he might be infected and then all of a sudden he's like SUICIDE CHARGE INTO A MILLION ZOMBIES EVEN THOUGH BENS ALREADY DEAD BECAUSE I ALSO WANT TO DIE BUT IT'S TOTALLY NOT SUICIDE BECAUSE I HATE SUICIDE...

    Part of me really wanted to grab that gun off Kenny and shoot Ben and then proceed to beat him to death with it... The zombies took my satisfaction away... :(

  • Eh, gotta give props to that guy. My slight dislike for the way he is turned into indifference and a bit of admiration because of what he did for Ben, my favorite character. He finally decided to show me his good side, and we were kinda starting to get along after I apologized for losing my temper with him in the attic. Too bad he didn't show me that earlier, I spent most of the game on his bad side...

    And I don't know about you guys, but I'm kinda getting sick of every single person we meet dying or disappearing in the game. I know it's TWD, and it's that idea of no one being safe that drew me into reading the comics in the first place, but I think that since it's a game and we get more emotionally invested because we're actually interacting with the characters, I believe that in season 2 it's gonna be a lot harder to get attached to any character we meet after every single person (not including Clemmy) we cared about in season 1 either died or had an unknown fate. Not being able to get attached to anyone would kinda suck D:

    But don't mind me, watching the characters I cared about constantly dying just got me a bit frustrated at TWD in general.

  • I was totally p*ssed with Kenny, after saving his son, feeding him, supporting Kenny and his family for long, just because I didn't killed Larry with him, he holded a grudge against me and left me to death twice. I even told him to "f*ck off" in episode 4, although I replayed it later to bring him to die in episode 5. :D
    He becomes better in episode 5 if we can bring him along us, which is still possible if we have sided with his family, although not with him for the whole game.
    In the end, my opinion about him is more or less the same he has about me: I don't like him but I recognize he stood for some moral principles when helping finding Clementine, at least. Definetively not my hero but I'm not so p*ssed with him after episode 5. Took him some time to become a team player but he ends as one.

  • @Josec said: I was totally p*ssed with Kenny, after saving his son, feeding him, supporting Kenny and his family for long, just because I didn't killed Larry with him, he holded a grudge against me and left me to death twice. I even told him to "f*ck off" in episode 4, although I replayed it later to bring him to die in episode 5. :D
    He becomes better in episode 5 if we can bring him along us, which is still possible if we have sided with his family, although not with him for the whole game.
    In the end, my opinion about him is more or less the same he has about me: I don't like him but I recognize he stood for some moral principles when helping finding Clementine, at least. Definetively not my hero but I'm not so p*ssed with him after episode 5. Took him some time to become a team player but he ends as one.



    Epic agree.

  • He could have, should have survived. He didn't have to take as much time putting down Ben before following Lee up the ladder.

    He pissed me off severely but I still feel that his dead was pretty much needless.

  • @chaz99 said: He could have, should have survived. He didn't have to take as much time putting down Ben before following Lee up the ladder.

    He pissed me off severely but I still feel that his dead was pretty much needless.



    Maybe he just couldn't take anymore... I mean, Ben.
    He mistreated him for all that time, and so maybe Kenny couldn't stand the idea of killing him and just then going on...
    Maybe he just got tired of their desperate survival. He ventured even being a big disappointment to Lee, and he let it go. Maybe, in the end he came to a conclusion like "Nah, he is already dead in any case" or after thinking of Lee's condition...He just couldn't. Who knows why?
    The thing is he completely gave up.

  • It's funny seeing everyone saying "Kenny's a bastard!" one minute and then "Kenny's such a hero!" the next.

  • @dukeleto said: Maybe he just couldn't take anymore... I mean, Ben.
    He mistreated him for all that time, and so maybe Kenny couldn't stand the idea of killing him and just then going on...
    He ventured even being a big disappointment to Lee. But I think in the end he came to a conclusion like "Nah, he is already dead inany case" . Maybe he just got tired. Or thought Lee won't be there soon... Who knows?
    He completely gave up, in my opinion.



    He gave up a long time before this moment, if we're being honest. If you don't understand why he was the way he was, you don't understand simple human emotion; his wife killed herself, his only friend had to kill his son because he couldn't do it himself (in my playthrough, at least). After their deaths, he pursued the dream resolution of a magical boat that would see them all safely into paradise with an obsession bordering on delusion. Truth be told, Kenny died with his son and his wife in the Georgian countryside.

    Also I am really shocked and impressed that a video game is so deep and complex and rich that I can actually say things like that about one of the characters. God I love TTG.

  • @HiggsBoson2142 said: It's funny seeing everyone saying "Kenny's a bastard!" one minute and then "Kenny's such a hero!" the next.



    I don't think anyone up there is saying, "He is such a hero." :)
    People who doesn't like Kenny -like me- is about a confession that Kenny wouldn't be that bad. Some admiration for him and that's all.
    Please understand this now. I EVEN didn't throw that statue at him, and I managed him to understand his fault on Ben with my choices.
    It was not Kenny, who was all good by himself. But it was LeeMe.

    @HiggsBoson2142 said:

    Also I am really shocked and impressed that a video game is so deep and complex and rich that I can actually say things like that about one of the characters. God I love TTG.

    Same here.

  • I can appreciate the comments you guys are posting. I've had a strong dislike for Kenny ever since the meat locker incident. Then the strong dislike grew to hatred after the first or second time he left me to die...I don't recall. I didn't have Ben in e5. I take care of traitors right away.

    I think Kenny finally realized what a jackass he's been and in a fit of self-loathing jumped through the hole in the roof to give Christa a boost out. It was nice that he saved Christa from a predicament that he caused but it was too little too late.

    I resent Kenny for so many things even more so when he could have just taken a few supplies, loaded up his truck with his family and been on his merry shortly after we met Mark. Maybe our group still would not have survived but at least we would have faced these challenges as a team not a divided clusterfuck.

    I gained no repect for Kenny when he died. Rather, I thought, it's about fucking time.

Add Comment