User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.4K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think that TG should reduce the kill ratio. So far, in a span of a few episodes, almost all characters from the core cast are dead (only Clementine survived from day 1). It looks like they want to outdo both Kirkman and George R. R. Martin combined. In my opinion, there is a limited amount of interesting characters the writers can come up with, before they start to feel repetitive. If all interesting characters are dead, the game starts to be boring.

• I think we will play as Clem in season 2 and here is why..

Through out the entire game we are Lee, we know what he knows, from his point of view, that is up until he dies in the end. then at the end of the credits we see Clementine and everything from her point of view, just like we did when we played Lee. So I think it is a good prediction that we play as Clem in the next season.. which might be rather interesting.

• @Chomposaur said: Nobody else thinks it'd be kind of repetitive to just have Clem being adopted again by some stranger? The bond between Lee and Clem was pretty special and not something you can just replicate with some random new character, imo at least.

I completely agree.

• What I posted in the "other" poll. :p

A strong, capable female role model for Clem. A "mother" figure to book end Lee's "father" figure and give Clem some duality.

• @DreadMagus said: What I posted in the "other" poll. :p

A strong, capable female role model for Clem. A "mother" figure to book end Lee's "father" figure and give Clem some duality.

Like Beyoncé?

• I just feel that it will be shit to play without Lee because I relate him with myself in the game.

• Definitely a new person. I like Omid very much as a character, but I don't think he's "playable" as a protagonist. Christa... well, I don't know, she's just not my type of person. Clem? No way! I don't want to see her slashing walkers like it's just a piece of cake...

• I just chose Omid because I don't want to play as female and may also not like the "surprise" of the "new character". Omid was cool enough to play with. However the best would be a character choosen by me, with the personality I would like him to have...of course. :D

At least, if it has to be a new character, I hope it's still someone "normal" and "neutral" such as Lee, which we can personalize a bit during the game, not someone with too strange clothes that may indict some kind of behaviour or personality which I may not go along with. :D

Add Comment