User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 21K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LoneSpektre said: I may sound sexist but im not, trust me. But I would HATE to play as a female or Clem. I like RP'ing in games and playing as a girl totally ruins it for me. Im sure im not the only guy who thinks this.. and well, playing as a nine year old girl is even worse. I'd like a new male protagonist. Maybe an ex soldier, a character like Abe from the comics who can really take care of Clem. I hope Clem finds her way back to Omid and Christa and the 3 of them join with the new guy.

As a male, when I'm given the choice I usually play as a female character because great Female characters are woefully underrepresented in video games and I would absolutely love to play as one in the next season because I know Telltale would do a great job with one.

But as far as roleplaying, I don't care what gender it is because I've been able to connect fairly easily with both female and male protagonists

But I do agree with you that the lead in the next season shouldn't be Clementine but mostly because I want to see how lee's actions and words affected her and not have my input mucking up any character development she's going through

• @dubesor said: I am 100% certain you will play a completely new character. Reason is that in a game like this the game needs you to be able to define your own character. You can't just slip into an existing NPC with known character-traits and go from there. Doesn't make sense and would be awful. So yea, you are neither playing Clem nor Christa/Omid or anyone else from S1.

Will you meet someone from S1? Likely, but the protagonist will be an undeveloped character for sure. And that's how it should be.

And I can't grasp that 35% of the people actually believe you will play as Clementine in Season 2. That's pure ridiculous.

Clementine was about as developed as Lee was when you first met her. You helped her shape her new personality in the zombie world. We made her tough! I think it's possible to play as Clem in S2.

Plus it's not like we decided who Lee was from scratch. Lee was always a convicted murderer with a messed up family life.

• @fruitpunchsamurai said: Clementine was about as developed as Lee was when you first met her. You helped her shape her new personality in the zombie world. We made her tough! I think it's possible to play as Clem in S2.

Plus it's not like we decided who Lee was from scratch. Lee was always a convicted murderer with a messed up family life.

I'm so agree with you sir.

• Oh yeah, i want Molly back for Season 2. (Perhaps as the protagonist?) Very cool character and she left too early!

• But if you don't bring Clementine to the Crawford, she dies. It doesn't sound likely that she will be in season 2.

• yes they said its in production

• @Hamatula said: But if you don't bring Clementine to the Crawford, she dies. It doesn't sound likely that she will be in season 2.

I didn't bring Clem to Crawford and Molly survived. :P I just protected Molly from the zombies and didn't accidentally shoot her.

• @LoneSpektre said: I may sound sexist but im not, trust me. But I would HATE to play as a female or Clem. I like RP'ing in games and playing as a girl totally ruins it for me. Im sure im not the only guy who thinks this.. and well, playing as a nine year old girl is even worse. I'd like a new male protagonist. Maybe an ex soldier, a character like Abe from the comics who can really take care of Clem. I hope Clem finds her way back to Omid and Christa and the 3 of them join with the new guy.

Actually, I think a female lead could be an interesting change! I'm female, but I prefer male leads. Playing a female in The Walking Dead would be interesting though - Andrea, Molly and Michonne have all been badass, and there's the added tension that not everybody would believe a woman could handle herself, as well as the threat of rape from bandits or whatever O_O

About the poll, I think it will be a new protagonist. I'd love to see how things turn out for Clem, but I also wouldn't mind and entirely new cast, taking the story in a new direction.

• Another good protagonist could be Molly, the mystery girl from Savannah who left rather suddenly in Episode 4.

I dont know why i'm advocating for female protagonists all of a sudden, but i just think it would be an interesting change! I know for a fact that women dig TWD and i would be surprised if having a female protagonist wouldn't be a huge success. Just leave any females from the TV show off of it... They're all terrible! (Especially Andrea, the worst character on the show)

Also, am i the only who thinks T-Dawg would be the ideal new protagonist?! :p
    950e0066_Xpc04.jpeg

Add Comment