User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.4K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well let's just say that there is a possibilty that she dies. They can't make her new Protagonist and frankly she's not that interesting character anyways. She was cool for just one episode since she's jumping around and shit but it's enough.

• It should be christa or omid because they are the ones to take care of clem and they wrent seen at the end of the game and i hope molly makes another camo or joins the group

• Whoever we play in the next season, it'll be someone without an established personality. We made our own Lee through the choices we made and that's a huge draw for this game. That would be lost if we were given a more defined character to start with.

• @fruitpunchsamurai said: Just leave any females from the TV show off of it... They're all terrible! (Especially Andrea, the worst character on the show)

Almost all the characters on the TV show are unlikeable in the first two seasons (apart from Daryl, of course!), but I haven't watched any of season 3 yet - I'm sure they will become more interesting. When I said Andrea, I definitely meant the comic version ;)

EDIT - Not that I want ANY characters from the main storyline, just pointing out there have been some badass women in the world of TWD.

• @Exploding Cactus said: As a male, when I'm given the choice I usually play as a female character because great Female characters are woefully underrepresented in video games and I would absolutely love to play as one in the next season because I know Telltale would do a great job with one.

But as far as roleplaying, I don't care what gender it is because I've been able to connect fairly easily with both female and male protagonists

But I do agree with you that the lead in the next season shouldn't be Clementine but mostly because I want to see how lee's actions and words affected her and not have my input mucking up any character development she's going through

That's very insightful. Novels and films have a number of great, interesting female leads and considering that video games are an art form now they really should include more protagonists that are female.

Agreed being able to play as Clem will kind of mar Lee's teachings and influence on Clem. Besides it would be more interesting to observe how she changed develops based on Lee's choices and moral standards.

Christa and Omid really don't have a strong enough presence to be established as leads for the next season. TTG has to make a new character that can be potentially as good and well developed as Lee.

It's going to be hard to find a character to fill Lee's shoes though. Lee is easily one of the most likable and greatest protagonists in a video game...well paragon Lee anyway :D

• I'm for Molly as the main character next seaon, just cause she is one of the best characters in season one and shes only in episode 4. Christa and Omid are nice as group members but to play them... I don't know if that really would work. Between Clem and Molly I easily can see chemistry and also most players liking Molly as the protagnist.

Could also a new character though...

• @FistoTheSexbot said: Doubt we will be Clem, I doubt they let you go around doing stuff and killing walkers on your own when you're just 9 years old, only Lee would let her do that. Well, not alone but.. You know.

Who says Clem is still 9 years old in season 2...

I still like the idea of playing Molly as the best..

• I would have much preferred that Season One had ended conclusively and Season Two be a new story with a new protagonist who just ends up crossing paths with the survivors from Season One.

I'm not really keen on just seeing the continuing adventures of Clem, Christa and Omid - because I kind of feel that for the most part that story has been told. The cliffhanger at the end was not really warranted and with Lee gone, there is a lack of a decent protagonist character.

Playing as Clem doesn't strike me as being a good route to go either...

• Molly

That strong character with that short appearance in season 1? She can easily play the main part next season, but we'll see. I don't like the idea of christa and omid that much, group member ok, bur playing them would feel weird.

Add Comment