User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.1K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Molly

That strong character with that short appearance in season 1? She can easily play the main part next season, but we'll see. I don't like the idea of christa and omid that much, group member ok, bur playing them would feel weird.

• Clem, definately.

The way the game ended I can see Telltale going one of three ways for season 2:

1 - You play Clem trying to find her way in the world, maybe trying to find Omid and Christa. I'd love to see this as Clem was a great character and I need to know what happened to her!

2 - Christa or Omid (one or the other or both interchangeable) as they try to find Clem and deal with Christa being pregnant.

3 - Someone new. I can see TT going this way, but I really hope they don't. We need closure!

I really hope Telltale are planning on continuing Clem's story, otherwise it was a massive dicktease to have that scene after the EP5 credits with Clem.
    I don't think the two figures were Omid and Christa; the shotgun shells and the fact Clem seemed shocked makes me think it was someone else.

• User Avatar Image
    dx1

@ruairi46 said: Frank West.

Adam West! *scnr*

• They aren't going to jump a number of years into the damn future so Clem will only be 9, 10, maybe 11 at the most. It'll be a new lead character that we haven't met yet

• @StreetsAhead24 said:
    Christa and Omid really don't have a strong enough presence to be established as leads for the next season. TTG has to make a new character that can be potentially as good and well developed as Lee.

It's going to be hard to find a character to fill Lee's shoes though. Lee is easily one of the most likable and greatest protagonists in a video game...well paragon Lee anyway :D

I agree, no matter who they choose, Lee will be one tough act to follow.

Molly would be the best choice out of all the season 1 characters because we don't know much about her past and we don't know much about her personality which would allow us to fill in blanks like we did with Lee. But any other existing character wouldn't work because those blanks have already been filled in their personality is already known and if we play as an existing character we would either be stuck in that characters personality or we might make the character act in ways that would be inconsistent with previous characterization.

• @JackalOsiris said: But the essence of the story is just that, nowhere is safe... Does an author tailor make his story to fit one's wishfull thinking of happy everafter? Not everyone gets to marry their highschool sweetheart, fall in love with Mr. Right, and the cancer patient sometimes just succumbs. Heh, my boss has a saying. "Life's a bitch, and then you die..." There is no hope in a Kirkman, society has gone to hell so make do with what you can, till your face is eaten off at least...

(yes... my glass is half empty by the way:p)

I agree with the general logic, but not the storytelling perspective.

Think of it this way, stories and games have always been there to teach lessons and to sharpen skills.

It doesn't matter how much real life sucks or whether it's hopeless or not, but good storytelling mostly exists to demonstrate other people's mistakes or show qualities that society finds desirable.

In the comics, you eventually come to realize that it doesn't matter how desirable Rick's or Glenn's qualities were because desirable qualities mean jack shit and they'll both end up in the same place.

Kind of reminds me of a longer running example of that one 2pac movie where two burned out addicts start off in a free clinic, and after whatever sorry adventures they ended up having they ended up at the same clinic at the end of the movie. No lessons were learned, it was just a waste of the viewer's time.

Or imagine if they killed off Clem in season 2. Lee was a great protagonist and all, but Clem was the catalyst and the motivator for the entire season. There's really no way that TTG could do it without rendering the ~9 hours spent on S1 a massive waste of players time.

• I'd love a Season Two! They can't just NOT leave us hanging like that!!! :(

• @DreadMagus said: I dunno, I'm not ready to count Kenny out yet.

And that's not a "It might have grazed her cheek, or Lee's that one special immune person." hope.

We don't see him die... I think there's a reason for that.

Personally I think it's because a lot of us wouldn't want to see our closest friend in the apocalypse get ripped to shreds. I loved the guy, but I accepted he's gone.

Add Comment