User Avatar Image

This game has better writing than the TV show

posted by short_stack on - last edited - Viewed by 226 users

far better story as well, the show is barely watchable. whos with me?

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • your stupid, the show is way better in EVERY way.

• I have to respectfully disagree.

If anything it's about on par with the show - with some occasional dips into not being as good and some occasional being better.

What it does have is excellent voice actors who really sell you on the characters - and make it a solid product on its own.

• oh please for the exception of season 1 its been a snorefeast, being couped up in one place having the same tiresome discussions with eachother, and dont get me started with the Governor LOL seriously. This game made me cry the Tv show made me sleep.

• The Walking Dead has the most interesting fanbases.

Pro-Comic
    Pro-TV
    Pro-Game

:D

• @Viner16 said: The Walking Dead has the most interesting fanbases.

Pro-Comic
    Pro-TV
    Pro-Game

never read the comic, hate the TV show, Love this game.

• @Viner16 said: The Walking Dead has the most interesting fanbases.

Pro-Comic
    Pro-TV
    Pro-Game

I like the game, love the show and really don't care for the comic. I don't know - something about the comic feels kind of meh. I thought the show had more character and soul for some reason.

As for season 2 being dull - I loved it. I thought it really *got* what Zombie horrors are really about, people dealing with each other in a situation where the modern rules don't hold anymore. It's not about the zombies, violence or hardcore action. It's about people trying to find a way to survive and cope.

I really liked Season 2. Haven't seen 3 yet.

• @Evinshir said: I like the game, love the show and really don't care for the comic. I don't know - something about the comic feels kind of meh. I thought the show had more character and soul for some reason.

As for season 2 being dull - I loved it. I thought it really *got* what Zombie horrors are really about, people dealing with each other in a situation where the modern rules don't hold anymore. It's not about the zombies, violence or hardcore action. It's about people trying to find a way to survive and cope.

I really liked Season 2. Haven't seen 3 yet.

NOBODY liked season 2 especially compared to season 1. Nothing happened in season 2.

• Better writing AND better characters. I love the tv show, but it compares in no way close to the game. I hate the comics.

• @short_stack said: NOBODY liked season 2 especially compared to season 1. Nothing happened in season 2.

That's funny - Season Two consistently had higher viewer ratings for its entire run. Their lowest viewer rating was nearly 1 million more viewers than season 1's highest viewer count.

Yeah. Nobody liked Season 2. That's why Season 3 has had even higher viewer ratings than the highest season 2 episode.

Do some research before you make wild anecdotal claims based on your personal preferences.

• @Evinshir said: That's funny - Season Two consistently had higher viewer ratings for its entire run. Their lowest viewer rating was nearly 1 million more viewers than season 1's highest viewer count.

Yeah. Nobody liked Season 2. That's why Season 3 has had even higher viewer ratings than the highest season 2 episode.

Do some research before you make wild anecdotal claims based on your personal preferences.

i post on imdb and there the consensus is that season 1 is better.
    ever since Frank Darabont left, the show has crashed. infact even the producers accepted the criticism and said season 3 wont be like season 2.

Add Comment