User Avatar Image

Radioman

posted by Perfect_Cell on - last edited - Viewed by 779 users

No matter what you do, does he call you a monster?

I mean his judgement of me was fair enough I guess

"I didn't follow your group to get you, but as I heard about the things you did etc"

All I told him is he didn't have the whole story. (also i stopped choking him in the hopes we could give him mercy, first time a game has made me exclaim "oh fuck" in a long time"

But anyway back on topic. If you, don't steal, keep lilly I forget the other ones, what does he say?

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As an antagonistic obstacle and a way to have the player reflect on his decisions throughout the game, I thought he was utilized perfectly. I'd agree with the user who said he wasn’t really meant to be a "villain", (ie the governor) but rather a desperate soul who's threatens your survival and as a result, must be dealt with accordingly. Now I went a little crazy on him because at this point I was just waiting for something (else) awful to happen and thus not willing to take any chances but is it possible to show him mercy?

• @Alyais said:

I did wish that Telltale would have told me through exposition how this guy got ahold of a Walkie, how Clem repaired hers, .........

Most kids have a set of walkies, and I remember that Lilly or Carley gave Clem a new set of batteries from the looted car to fix her walkie.

• @Alyais said: I played like myself. I cursed and told Clementine the unfortunate truth but never murdered anyone. I always showed mercy, always reasoned with people, and always helped people when I could. I also did not loot his station wagon. Clementine and I's survival was my primary concern but I made sure to be a moral person while doing so.

He ridiculed every choice I had made that involved Clementine despite this which I was fine with. I apologized to him and tried to understand him. I also didn't motion for Clementine to violently hit him with any objects. I justified my actions and the only one I said I wish I had done differently was ever bringing Clementine near the St. John's dairy.

I loved it. I don't expect every character with an opposing view to be 'right'. Its not the storyteller mocking me. They showed a realistic individual who had made some pretty good judgements. He disagreed with how I did things. Unfortunately for him I'm better at smashing the Q button then he is at wrestling.

I did wish that Telltale would have told me through exposition how this guy got ahold of a Walkie, how Clem repaired hers, and how he was able to follow us to Savannah (even possibly getting there before us?)

I'm fine with unexplained aspects of the plot and this didn't bother me. I just wished I knew because it would have enriched the experience.

he had his own walkie talkie. If you didn't know, you can track other people's frequencies with it. He must have been preety desperate to find Clementine's. Also, Clementine lied about her walkie talkie being broken. In fact, the only problem with it was that it needed new batteries. Carley/Doug give her a new pair and she uses it with the walkie talkie to speak with it. If you payed attention, he drove the car to Savannah, the same car that had its supplies stolen.

• A question about his speech: If you voted not to take food out of his car, does your group still do so? And if not, what becomes the stranger's motivation for following you?

• @mlipkin said: A question about his speech: If you voted not to take food out of his car, does your group still do so? And if not, what becomes the stranger's motivation for following you?

The group still takes the food, and he says that he wasn't mad at you(at first) but that changed the more he learned about the decisions you made(and putting Clementine in danger).

@mlipkin said: Also, Clementine lied about her walkie talkie being broken. In fact, the only problem with it was that it needed new batteries. Carley/Doug give her a new pair and she uses it with the walkie talkie to speak with it..

She didn't lie, the batteries probably died near when she dropped it and she assumed it was broken.

• Did they use Nicolas Cage as the model for RadioMan?

• @Mornai said: The group still takes the food, and he says that he wasn't mad at you(at first) but that changed the more he learned about the decisions you made(and putting Clementine in danger).

She didn't lie, the batteries probably died near when she dropped it and she assumed it was broken.

yeah that's what i meant. she lied about it not working after though.

• @dankirk said: Did they use Nicolas Cage as the model for RadioMan?

this lol. I knew he looked familiar.

• One of the things I did like about the scene was the fact you got to find out a little more about the situation with Lee's wife. Other then that, I kind of wish TT gave better reactions to his accusations other then general excuses...but that would have taken way too much time to do.

• @McGyver said: Most kids have a set of walkies, and I remember that Lilly or Carley gave Clem a new set of batteries from the looted car to fix her walkie.

The question here being why did Clementine have a set of industry grade frequency-bound walkie talkies, as opposed to your standard doesn't-work-past-fifty-feet-made-for-kids-shortband fanfare - and then of course how he even managed to luck into the proper frequency for her radio, short of meticulous trial and error. Who cares though, right? This is a video game based on a comic book - I would be more surprised if everything checked out, personally.

Also, for the OP, here's your first tip-off: if you bring Lilly with you, he berates you for doing so - but if you leave her on the side of the road, he antagonizes you for leaving a woman in the wilderness. He loathes Lee for things that Lee didn't do, and as such hates both sides of the coin; no matter what you do, he'll find fault with it.

Though my Campman wasn't actually that critical of me. The only specific choice I remember him frowning upon was taking Clementine to Crawford with us; the rest of his Negative Nancy diatribes were about plot-forced decisions, like going to the farm or Savannah.

I must be a better Lee than all of you.

Add Comment